Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Knowing your autopilot

Peter wrote:

But a Bonanza, pre year 2000, could have only King or STEC servos, no?

Century.with auto trim…I had it once on a training flight several years ago, the aircraft flew perfectly the GS, I disconnected the AP on missed, the nose pitched up I had to use all my force to push the yoke forward to keep the speed going ..apply full power immediately. I flipped the switch of the electric trim to disconnect it and frantically turned the manual trim to unload the yoke forces…Things happen very fast in such a situation before you know it your in a stall config low to the ground,,,,,,,,,
The pitch trim servo was the root cause…..it was ceasing intermittently the auto trim fail light came on and off intermittently after this event. Avionics shop solved it….

EBST

On the Partenavia P68TC when you apply flaps the nose goes aggressively nose up even on an approach with autopilot. It takes a lot of strengh to hold the nose down. I got a hell of a surprise on my first LPV approach.to La Rochelle in this aircraft. The autopilot does nothing to the trim in this case, which was not what I expected.

France
Sign in to add your message