Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KFC150 - doesn’t descend at FAF

As with a lot of electrical / electronic issues, the first thing to do is a good visual inspection of the wiring and the connectors.

After all, it did (?) work before, so most likely something has come off.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just a note, ILS energize is not used on the GNS530 or the GNS530W to connect to the autopilot. P5001 Pin 14 is used instead, its title is ILS/GPS Approach. ILS Energize will work with a GNS530 installation, but it is not following the install manual and it makes a big difference when you decide to upgrade to WAAS.

KUZA, United States

NCYankee wrote:

P5001 Pin 14

This is a bit annoying.

I am currently upgrading to WAAS and (my upgraded) GNS530W device is currently sitting in Straubing. Why ?
Because, I had taken your remark re. the pins from another thread and asked the Straubing guys if they had made sure (when they installed the WAAS antenna) if the pins were correctly configured, and they said no. In other words, instead of just plugging it in, I’ll have to fly there and have them check if the AP does react on the NAV signal.

This here is a new topic, the AP not intercepting the GP on a normal ILS (non WAAS, non GPS).

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 08 Oct 14:29
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

This is a bit annoying.

Who are you annoyed at? It is true that the GNS530 can work with an ILS GS even if it is miss-wired to use ILS Energize rather than ILS/GPS Approach. I would be annoyed that any installer doesn’t need to RTFM or follow installation instructions, even if it works.

Last Edited by NCYankee at 08 Oct 14:39
KUZA, United States

Well, yes, why, do you think I meant you ? The whole thing is annoying, is what I meant ……

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

Well, yes, why, do you think I meant you ? The whole thing is annoying, is what I meant ……

I wasn’t quite sure since my post was somewhat off topic and only relevant to the original question if you planned to eventually upgrade to the W.

Last Edited by NCYankee at 09 Oct 12:52
KUZA, United States

in fact I was glad you had made that remark re. the pins :)

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message