Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Intra-EASA reg transfer - what is the process?

UK passport holders get beheaded, Germans traded

I believe that policy has changed recently, under US pressure. The only people who won’t get the “full HD video treatment” are those whose passports the kidnappers won’t recognise

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you are Japanese you get beheaded despite a huge sum is paid out.

United Kingdom

Ok, I’ll keep the German passport, thanks for information!

From an ease of travel point of view, I believe the UK passport is the most convenient in the world.

Actually UK passports share this honour with passports from Sweden, Finland and Germany: https://www.henleyglobal.com/international-visa-restrictions/

Considering the lack of airspace restrictions and a seamless CAS/OCAS ATC system in a certain northern country it is clear where you should live. :-)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The easiest way is to hold us much passports as you can. In my area a lot of people have two passports but it’s not rare to find people with three or four passports.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Actually UK passports share this honour with passports from Sweden, Finland and Germany

As long there is no Brexit, I’ll keep my German passport.

United Kingdom

Three is a good number, US, UK and German might be good choices. Germans have substantial issues with holding second passports, British and FWIW Americans typically do not.

Germans have substantial issues with holding second passports

Not any more, that has changed a lot lately. German citizenship has one advantage: you can have up to 3 concurrent passports, obviously with the same name but it’s very handy to not mix e.g. Israeli visa and certain other visa in one passport.

While the number of countries with visa free travel with a German passport might be the same or even higher than with a UK passport, the UK passport gives you visa free travel to Australia and India which probably counts more than some obscure small country that a German passport gives easy access but the UK have a beef with. I always hated the visa requirement for India. Biggest plus of a UK passport.

Germans have substantial issues with holding second passports

Not any more, that has changed a lot lately.

That’s true if citizenship is held outside of Germany without having applied for it, as for immigrants into Germany from elsewhere. The immigrant voting block within Germany made that happen recently, its true. Otherwise, for German emigrants this link may be of interest: Automatic Loss of German Citizenship The substantial issue is “Special Permits” (“Beibehaltungsgenehmigung”) being required to retain German citizenship prior to naturalization in another country.

Many of the issues with multiple national citizenships can be negotiated by spreading the citizenships between marriage partners, thereby gaining wider rights of residence (actually the rights to apply for residence) for both partners. If by chance the marriage partners hold multiple citizenships individually, the worldwide opportunities can add up quickly.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 12 Feb 22:06

If by chance the marriage partners hold multiple citizenships individually, the worldwide opportunities can add up quickly.

Or if your country disintegrates and becomes 7 independent countries

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message