Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Intensive PPL

That looks a lovely place to fly. If I need to do an ICAO to EASA conversion I know where to go now!

EGTK Oxford

Majorca is very nice.

Their problem is they have two airports; one with avgas and no customs, and the other with customs and no avgas (and pricey)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes Jason, you are welcome here.

Peter is right. Essentially the main field is a no go for us, smaller GA folks. Last time I went there handling, landing fees about 388 euro. I guess the message is: bugger off, and go to the small field, Son Bonet (LESB). Off season you can use the main field for as many ILS approaches as you like, for free. Just make sure your wheels don't touch, else you will hear a very loud cash register on the radio :) Son Bonet indeed has no customs, so you need to come from somewhere Schengen.

On a different note: I am organizing a seaplane splash-in at LEPO, the beautiful Pollensa bay on the North East side of the island. 9-12 May. We are essentially fully booked, but I suppose I can handle one or two more. We are using the military base, Canadair water bombers there. Stay and food and entertainment paid for.. C'mon, this is a great deal! stick some floats under these planes of yours and join in! Strictly RSVP..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message