Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Injector cleaner and injector / spark plug anti seize

What do you EU pilot use to clean the fuel injectors? I can’t find a place to buy the Hoppes #9 gun cleaner that Lycoming refers to. I know you can use MEK or Acetone but was wondering if there is a “favorite” cleaner.
Also, anti seize for the spark plugs that doesn’t contain graphite?

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

Graphite-free anti-seize for spark plugs is a copper grease, refer to SI 1042AH.

For injectors, I’d just go with acetone or MEK, but in an ultrasonic apparatus.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Use the Champion stuff. No copper else you get a wild jump in the oil analysis

For soaking injectors, MEK is great.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ultranomad wrote:

Graphite-free anti-seize for spark plugs is a copper grease, refer to SI 1042AH.

That’s where I found it but I am told that the Champion paste has graphite in it. Do you have a specific brand or part number you use?

For injectors, I’d just go with acetone or MEK, but in an ultrasonic apparatus.

Thanks!

Last Edited by Wingover at 07 Jun 17:04
LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

Wingover wrote:

Do you have a specific brand or part number you use?

To be honest, we use some generic stuff that’s too cheap to contain anything beyond copper and oil… maybe also some thickener

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 07 Jun 17:21
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
MoS2 paste on spark plugs and all stainless fasteners for decades. Unless I want Loctite for safety reasons. Vic
vic
EDME

Found that Lycoming approves this one: LOCTITE® LB 8008 C5-A

LPPM / LFBL, Portugal

The LB8008 stuff sounds good. Good temperature spec.

However “with copper and graphite suspended in high quality grease” tells us that it will screw up oil analysis pretty well. Admittedly most people don’t do oil analysis

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
When some care about copper in oil tests , take MoS2 or tungsten S2 pastes. I never had faith in copper pastes aynway and so for decades had MoS2 pastes on stainless threads and spark plugs. You just pick highly concentrated pastes, not common grease for these jobs. Vic

MoS2 paste

tungsten S2 paste

vic
EDME
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message