Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR Pictures

PPL/IR is writing a book about IFR under the new rules (CBM IR, EIR, SERA, CAP1122 etc).

This book is for the good of the cause. It will be sold to cover its production expenses, but it is not-for-profit.

We would like to illustrate it with interesting and attractive pictures relating to IFR. That could be aircraft near cloud, view out of the cockpit, Panels (Glass and Steam), aircraft landing in murk or anything else relevant.

I could go through Google finding images, but don’t want to run the risk of people chasing up the IPR.

So, if anyone has such pictures, in good resolution, and are willing for them to go in the book free of charge, please email me ( t n a t h a n at a r t i f a x dot n e t ). I think that the best thing would be to email reduced versions, then any I want I can get back to you for the full size one.

Thank you!

EGKB Biggin Hill

Here’s a cumulus cloud with an aircraft inside. Sorry, couldn’t resist

And this is what the cloud looks like when seen from the aircraft inside:

EDDS - Stuttgart

I will send you some IFR pictures Timothy – to represent the steam gauge communtity :-) It might not be till early next week as I am travelling over the next 3 or 4 days.

a book about IFR under the new rules (CBM IR, EIR

This is really interesting, since the CBM IR and the EIR don’t actually exist… I sincerely hope PPL/IR wait till this business is done and dusted and there is at least one FTO in the known universe willing to teach the stuff to private pilots and there is an online QB which is representative because without a computer QB the study workload is just silly given how the FTOs manage to fill out several reams with the stuff…

It might also be good to wait for the usual national CAA rearguard actions to wash out… e.g. the UK window screen requirement.

Timothy you can take any pics you find on my website and use them as you wish. Credit if practical; not essential. If you want hi-res I can supply those too (~10MB each) but they probably won’t be cropped / de-hazed / etc so somebody will need to do that. What I can’t give you is any kind of copyright assignment, which I recall was a stumbling block on the last project – because anybody and everybody can and does lift pics from my website.

Last Edited by Peter at 14 Feb 13:38
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is really interesting, since the CBM IR and the EIR don’t actually exist… I sincerely hope PPL/IR wait till this business is done and dusted

A Eurocrat just told me the other day it’s in the Parliament for comment and the Parliament does not plan to comment, i.e. it will pass as is.

Here is a small selection of what I have (one tends to take pictures when the weather is good – not bad…) – if you need anything of it (or similar stuff), let me know. I will reprocess the pictures from the raw data in better quality.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I was VFR but I suppose these could be used.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

PPL/IR is writing a book about IFR under the new rules (CBM IR, EIR, SERA, CAP1122 etc).

In fact, I would hope the book isn’t written before these new rules have been in effect and some experience with them has been collected. Nobody needs a book that merely does copy and paste on a truckload of EASA regulations. But I think PPL/IR knows that, so I’m looking forward to it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 14 Feb 15:34
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thank you all, that is just the kind of stuff. Keep it coming.

This book is more about preparing ourselves than reporting back after the event. Of course it will be edited or replaced in the light of experience.

EGKB Biggin Hill
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message