Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Honeywell GPS database validity dates

Can anyone explain to me when cycle 2206 actually becomes valid for loading into the GPS and flying with?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The AIRAC cycle begins on 16 Jun 2022.

So the airspace and data contained in 2206 come into effect on 00:00 on 16 June 2022.

The cut off date is the date that the data must be supplied by for inclusion in the upcoming cycle. (ie if you’ve a data change that comes into effect on 16 June 2022, you have to have supplied details of it by 23 May 2022).
The Ship date is the date that they are sending out the data to people to have ready to install.

Effective date is the date that the data takes effect from.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Thank you.

I wonder what would happen if I load this into the KLM94. It should use the current data (in its internal FLASH) until 15th June inclusive, I guess, and then on the 1st flight on/after 16th June I will get the “loading database” delay.

Has anyone tried this?

It should not be possible to brick the unit.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It should not be possible to brick the unit.

I can’t see that you can brick the unit. In the worst case you will get the database updated too early.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

From the manual 2-5 assuming it’s a KLN94:
NOTE: Honeywell sends the update so that it arrives prior to the next effective date. The new update may be installed any time prior to the effective date and the KLN 94 will use the previous data up to the effective date and automatically begin using the new data on the effective date.

EGNS, Other

That is very clear – many thanks.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message