Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A humble observation/request: add your location to profile

Mooney_Driver wrote:

This is an aviation forum after all, not a tourist information.

That really is a matter of perspective I am into aviation, but most people here is into tourism by the looks of it.

I don’t care at all where people live or what they do. This is an online forum, and revealing too much personal info is not good. If anything what kind of plane people have, are flying, building, restoring could be nice though.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I consider ICAO code as part of our group know-how. Regular airliner travelers thinks they are somehow special when they remember AMS or MUC as airport codes. They are not, we are the special group, we know what EDMO or LDLO stands for ;-) There is no point in this at the end but let´s keep it this way

LKKU, LKTB

So, what’s EDMV? LKRK? Don’t cheat :-)

I would say, Vilshofen/Bavaria and Rakovnik/Czech Republic is nicer.

It is not a sign of professionalism to know all ICAO codes.

Done, of course!

LeSving wrote:

I don’t care at all where people live or what they do

Fair enough, though I recall several interesting discussions where your location, LeSving was actually a factor in terms of how it’s done here and there. For regular forum users that’s easy enough to follow but for new and occasional readers, the context might not always be clear and revealing the country could be helpful to those and it doesn’t seem to interfere with people’s privacy needs too much unless for those who are from a very, very, very small country.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Me too.
Peter, sorry for being posh and put in ‘Mallorca’ instead of ‘Majorca’
Hope people still understand where it is.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Good idea – updated

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

most people here is into tourism by the looks of it

That’s completely wrong, LeSving… what we have on EuroGA is a nice group of pilots who fly because they like flying and because they like to see interesting places and like to meet up other pilots at interesting places.

You once commented that EuroGA comes up often in google searches. That’s because it has loads of discussion that is relevant to something which people want to learn about.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Updated

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You once commented that EuroGA comes up often in google searches. That’s because it has loads of discussion that is relevant to something which people want to learn about.

Even more because Google memorizes that you visit EuroGA and therefore ranks it very high in the search results. Google knows everything about you.

Even more because Google memorizes that you visit EuroGA and therefore ranks it very high in the search results. Google knows everything about you.

Just done a test:

• my FF PC browser here at the office
  • a T705 tablet, fresh installation, private tab on FF, on 3G, going to google.co.uk via a VPN terminating in the USA whose IP was never before used for this

Did a search on

autopilot servo tachometer

Page 1 of the hits (as far as I have looked) is exactly the same in both cases..

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message