Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Smuggling in GA

Whereas the Calais Two are doing time as we speak.

One of them has a long career of extremely dodgy events involving aircraft, water and fire.

EGKB Biggin Hill

achimha wrote:

And regarding the hammer coming down on GA.

Have you tried crossing the US border? Every decade it seems like it has gotten worse. I mean its a real PITA.achimha wrote:

Hasn’t killed GA yet.

I know lots of pilots who are intimidated by the border controls and refuse to fly Internatinal because of it. By the way over the past 20 YRS pilot count is down by 100,000.

KHTO, LHTL

Flying into the US is simply a case of following the rules, it’s not so complicated.

The one thing that is a PITA is non US citizens needing a US visa – that is a time consuming and expensive process… Once you have it, though, valid for 10 years (and still valid even once the passport it is in has expired).

C210_Flyer wrote:

I know lots of pilots who are intimidated by the border controls and refuse to fly Internatinal because of it. By the way over the past 20 YRS pilot count is down by 100,000

I think that is very true on the US. In Europe there are countries where you would have to be in a constant rate one turn, not to cross any the borders.

EGTR

Sam_Rutherford wrote:

Flying into the US is simply a case of following the rules, it’s not so complicated.

Sam have you flown International in through the US Southern Border? Following the restrictive rules is the problem. Very few exceptions and if per chance you get a dick to process you, things can get ugly very fast. They hold that $10000( or is it $5000) fine over your head like a meat clever. They dont care that you came from the Bahamas and ATC was supposed to give them a new time of arrival but didnt. You are now in violation. ATC then says if USC&BP did not receive it then they are not responsible. Yes a lot of times, they give you a break but Ive heard of occasions when they are just hard nosed. Some AOE much worse than others. Totally different experience flying in from Canada.

I havent flown in through the southern border since 2011. That flight was not as challenging since it was from Belize to Key West and the weather was good and there was proper communications before TO and during the flight so we were close to the ETA. By the way GPS makes it much easier than with ADF, Dead Reckoning, Loran, and VOR as in the old days circa 20 yrs ago.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Sam have you flown International in through the US Southern Border?

The US southern border is a completely different animal from the North.

EGTK Oxford

Hello Timothy,

As you mentioned on #43 I have sent you a PM?!? I am wrong to assume PM stands for private message?!? Or you are having a laugh?!? I am not laughing here. The reason I have sent you a PM is because I had seen your post thanking David for his generous donation to the Flying Scholarship for the Disabled. Link is bellow in case you have forgotten…

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/471810-david-green-fsd.html

I was under the impression you knew him personally and in desperation I ended up sending you a private message in case you had more information about the situation than I did at the time.

But please note, I have not given you permission to give out my number to anyone else.

So please refrain from sharing it or offering it on public domain.

Kind regards

Lonely Bird.

PS. My nickname is a joke, inspired by your assumption that I will be lonely for the next 30 months. Get a life Timmy!!! I am too busy to be lonely or talking to strangers

Most of the people associated with David, such as Kevin Crellin, that ferry pilot whose name I forget, David’s wife, the mother of the guy that Crellin defrauded and that whole band have all been different people from what they claimed.

If you are the exception to that rule, then I am sorry, and sorry for you. I advise you to take the opportunity to rebuild your life.

But if, as seems more likely, you are really either Green or Crellin posting from chokey I wouldn’t be the least surprised.

EGKB Biggin Hill

reply sent via ‘PM’

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/pilot-charged-over-alleged-people-smuggling-attempt

A pilot of a Seneca, N248LT, was arrested for illegally flying four Albanians from Belgium to the UK. Not very smart really.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message