Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Smuggling in GA

By the way, his girlfriend PM’d me on PPRuNe asking me what has happened to him, giving her mobile number. Has everyone had that PM?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Would anyone like her number? I imagine that she’ll be quite lonely for the next 30 months.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Most guys would keep the number to themselves and get in ASAP with a really good offer

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If they are already in France, – which is Inside the European Union- They can go anywhere in the European union without formality why UK?

CptSameh wrote:

If they are already in France, – which is Inside the European Union- They can go anywhere in the European union without formality why UK?

There are so many interpretations of your question? Do you mean David and Edward, or the Albanians? If the Albanians, do you mean why would they prefer to be in the UK than France? Or are you asking why there is not an open border between France and the UK?

All these questions are relatively easily answered, but it would be nice to know which question to go for.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Hm, okay. I’m impressed – everything else to do with the government seems to take far longer than it should. Clearly, not this!

Timothy wrote:

I wonder why people think that this isn’t the norm? What would you be waiting for? You know the charges and the facts, you have a pre-sentence report, what would be the point in delay?

None, but are you really saying cases are always heard quickly – albeit I suppose it depends on your definition of “quick”.

If all is to be believed, they were arrested on Monday, presumably kept in nick during the week, and sent down (presumably immediately) for 2.5 years on the Friday.

That gives ZERO opportunity to put any houses in order, organise anything at all of life in the UK (which means that others, innocent of fault, will have to do all that for them). IE a complete mess for both family and friends, but also all the organisations dealing with them (electricity, banks, DVLA, Companies House, etc. etc.).

Is that a good thing? Can’t help thinking that some time to organise before the absence wouldn’t be better?

Discuss…

“Pop in when it’s convenient” isn’t usually the way prisons work, except, I believe, in Sweden.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I am not an expert on French criminal law but typically when a suspect is either a danger to society, flight risk or has the potential to cover up facts, he/she is put into pre-trial custody. That custody is only admissible during required investigations and has to be appropriate. If everything is clear (the accused pleads guilty), the lawyer and state-attorney figure out an acceptable sentence and the judge confirms it. That usually goes very quickly.

Also my guess is the guy had a rap sheet.

Last Edited by achimha at 24 Jul 13:34
Sign in to add your message