Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

It is much easier to just eat a mostly plant based diet and then you don’t go hungry ever, so no need to count calories. Just eat all you can and all you want

This is one nice specimen:

No sauces, no dressing, just great tasty ingredients

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looks good Peter looking at the food on the plate!

EDLE, Netherlands

I am personally on a seafood diet… I see food, I eat it ;-)

Sorry I’ll go now…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Ahh c´mon Peter, no dressing at all? Not even a few drops of mineral oil or a slush of TKS fluid? Life is to enjoy!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

V02-max is a favoured way of calculating cardiovascular fitness – and the various health monitor watches do a pretty good approximation (Garmin was first with this) – Assuming you wear them to record exercise!

Ahh c´mon Peter, no dressing at all? Not even a few drops of mineral oil or a slush of TKS fluid? Life is to enjoy!

This is last night’s

V02-max is a favoured way of calculating cardiovascular fitness – and the various health monitor watches do a pretty good approximation (Garmin was first with this) – Assuming you wear them to record exercise!

I don’t think cardio fitness is necessarily related to cardio health. You can be running marathons with the heart arteries occluded by say 90% (more if the occlusion is short in distance terms) and so long as you aren’t getting angina, you will be quite happy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is a lot of ideology around when it comes to diet. Medically, there is no reason to stick to a specific diet. Humans are omnivores (=can eat everything) by biology, just like pigs. Eat whatever you want, if you do it in moderation it won’t harm you. Keep variety in your diet. Not eating meat will eventually result in iron deficiency, among others. A strictly vegan diet requires a lot of food supplements to stay healthy.

As long as your energy consumption more or less equals your energy intake you won’t gain weight, no matter what you eat. If you eat like a pig but exercise a lot you are probably good to go. The reason why plant based diets as advertised by Peter work (if people stick to them) is simply because you reduce your energy intake this way, unless you really eat tons of vegetables…

Last Edited by MedEwok at 17 Nov 14:59
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

My concern is less about weight (I’m not heavy), more about the plan to run my cardiovascular system to about twice the manufacturer’s original TBR, potentially filling my veins with too much sludge to make it.

Silvaire wrote:

My concern is less about weight (I’m not heavy), more about the plan to run my cardiovascular system to about twice the manufacturer’s original TBR, potentially filling my veins with too much sludge to make it.

The main risk factors to your cardiovascular system are:

• genetic disposition (which you cannot change)
  • smoking
  • hypertonia
  • elevated blood glucose (diabetes mellitus)
  • elevated blood fats (hyperlipidaemia / elevated cholesterol)

The latter three can be influenced through diet. Reduce salt intake to combat hypertonia. Note that diabetes does mot result from eating too much sugar alone, nor do elevated blood fats result from eating too much lipids alone, as the body (The liver to be exact) can make one out of the other and vice versa.

All three factors can also be fought effectively through physical exercise, especially diabetes but also hypertonia.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Understood, for better or worse I’m one of those people who can just about control their HDL cholesterol through diet.

Sign in to add your message