Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

MH370

The suicide of one pilot is a very simple explanation technically.

The problem I see with suicide, is why turn off the transponder. Why try to evade detection? Why turn back over Malaysia? Why head into the Indian Ocean? If you want to end it, simply push the nose down and wait.

Perhaps he thought that ending it all would be eaiser by allowing decompresion and simply passing out, himself included? But then why in the middle of the Indian Ocean? To avoid casualties on the ground? Seems a strange concern if you’re not concerned about those on the plane.

It just doesn’t sit right with me.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

If it is suicide, then a good reason to disguise it as such would be more financial security for his family. Life insurance, and compensations by his employer.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Exactly; also there is a lot of symbolism to be potentially exercised, in some cultures we get to hear a lot about nowadays in connection with suicides.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting article here. Kind of confirms – partly – what I and others have been thinking. Fishy. Big time.

Marconi (mentioned in the article) ceased to exist in late 1990s. I have one of their last spectrum analysers – a 2024… So that kit would be very old now. Sure you can get service contracts for it but maybe they didn’t bother. Just look at some UK airports… the DME or the NDB packs up and they spend months scratching around for somebody to turn up with yet more old parts to plug in and see if they make it work. A lot of this old kit is kept going with parts sold on Ebay.

I wonder what motive Malaysia would have to keep quiet about the aircraft track? The most likely one by far is that the whole lot were asleep and/or the military radar hasn’t worked for years but saving face is #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 in that culture. They must know that if they are complicit in its disappearance, and it gets out (which as Dublinpilot says it is very likely to) then **** is going to hit the fan in the biggest way imaginable for Malaysia.

Administrator

Regardless of what you think of this, or its relevance, whoever had the balls to take this video and put it online may find it was a career limiting move – for the pilot in the video, anyway

Last Edited by Peter at 08 Apr 08:31
Administrator

Yes you are right. He should at least have taken a portable oxygen bottle along with him visiting the lower electronic bay in cruise flight.
More important than this “grounding device” on his wrist.

Last Edited by nobbi at 08 Apr 08:35
EDxx, Germany

He does say “We never enter here in flight”.

It’s quite possible that it’s an authorised ground visit for some TV show, and the outside shots are simply cut in.

At least I hope so!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Somebody on another site identified that movie as being pre-2006 and probably older.

Administrator

Preliminary report

Nothing particularly new in there.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message