Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sell Airplane

I put an AD in AEROMARKT.DE selling our C150 with an asking price of 39.000€.

Beneath two guys i´ve got a third request from a person called Michael Muller. He requested the asking price (which he could have seen already in the AD). I sent it to him an he finally sent today this email:

Good Day,
Thanks for your quick reply to my e-mail,and thanks for the information,the price is accepted € 39,000.00.
Kindly send your contact full name,address and telephone number to enable to issue and send payment certified bank check to you.

Full Name :

Full Address :

__ City/location :__

Zip code :

Mobile and land line Number :

Thanks and waiting for your information for the payment asap,
Regards,
Michael

First thought: nice, i sold it!
Second thought: so fast? no negotiating? not test fly? even not a physical look at this specific airplane?
I assume this a fake. So found [email protected] on a blacklist in the internet.

Any comments about this?

One six right!
EDVE

Probably just collecting data … so you should not asnwer it. I would DELETE it.
Nobody buys an airplane like that, common sense tells us that, right?

Agree with Alex here. Most likely a phisher. Ignore.

I was selling a Lotus Seven kit car once, and got a similar kind of enquiry. No questions, no haggling, but an offer of immediate payment and sending a ‘friend’ to come and collect it. I just ignored it. You will find someone with a real interest asking questions I am sure. If they aren’t asking questions I’d not want to see a plan to them.

There are many plane selling/buying scams.

A popular one is charging a fair chunk of money to view the plane, but the advertiser is a 3rd party and the plane is possibly not even for sale. Anybody can list anybody else’s plane on the internet…

Another one is a cheque written for a higher value “in error”, and the buyer asks if you could bank the cheque but give him a refund of the overpayment (in cash or by bank transfer ) and then the cheque bounces…

I suspect in this case it is a forged “certified cheque” which is trivial to forge and is therefore a very unusual means of payment for something you are collecting immediately. I did it once, many years ago, as a joke when buying a car. It took minutes with a scanner and photoshop. On the way out of the door, I gave the real one to the salesman. He nearly had a heart attack. I think it taught him a lesson – that was a £18k Toyota Celica.

We had a case a few years ago where a customer in Nigeria was prob99 a scammer (buying stuff that didn’t make sense when taken together) but he appeared willing to pay by a bank transfer! I spoke to our bank and after a lot of pressure they admitted that there is no such thing as “cleared funds”; if the customer is paying out of somebody else’s account, or just paying with stolen money, the bank will just take the money straight back out of your bank.

The only thing which is truly “cleared funds” is cash, but that could be forged.

So basically if the customer is dishonest, there is no way for you to get paid without recourse.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message