Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Who uses AFPEX, and departure services to UK pilots

I have not tried IFPS adress when submitting IFR FPL via AFPEX

Maybe one has to use NATS IFPS adress EGZYIFPS? not the ones EUCHZMFP and EUCBZMFP? or both work?

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 May 11:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Maybe one has to use NATS IFPS adress EGZYIFPS?

When you tick the checkbox “Address To IFPS” in AFPEx, it adds EUCHZMFP and EUCBZMFP to the address box, but not EGZYIFPS, so I guess the latter is not required.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

Yes that should work (without going via EGZYIFPS), I have not tried yet

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2023-04-20-AIRAC/html/index-en-GB.html

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 May 11:54
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

From the UK AIP:

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

There is detail in my old article here.

Each country runs its own message database, for national security purposes, and for S&R.

Nobody can block your FPL even if they don’t like aspects like long DCTs with no waypoints. They send you little quibbles but you’re in the air by then! EG for a VFR FPL sent this week “what is date of flight?”. Well it says ‘07:00’, and it’s 19:00 now, so it’s tomorrow.

That’s clever

You still need to submit a valid FP for IFR, because the distribution to airports etc is done by Eurocontrol (a few seconds after your FP submission, if validated). With Afpex, you could address an IFR FP directly to your departure tower, which would get you in the air, but would probably do no more, whereas with a VFR FP that is probably fine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Local copy of above PDF

This states that everybody will be able to submit notams. It does not make any sense.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message