Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying Estate for sale

Peter has very kindly suggested we put this up on the forum.

As I have posted elsewhere, Therese and I have been planning a temporary move to Italy, and we have now decided to make this permanent. As a result, but very reluctantly, have to put our ‘flying estate’ in the English Cotswolds up for sale. We are both very keen to make sure the estate stays in the pilot community, as it is such an incredibly rare asset. We can’t afford to see if turned into another English horsey place! Since we bought it a decade ago we have invested a huge amount of time and money to lengthen and improve the runway, build a terrific new hangar and fully renovate and modernise the house.

In case anyone on the forum might be seriously interested, or know of someone who could be, please do let me know. Could be someone based anywhere in the world, but who would like to enjoy the globally recognised charms of the Cotswolds. Reward for a successful introduction!

This is the kind of place where on nice days I bring the Piper Cub around to the front lawn, right outside my office, admire her out the window between calls, and then take her for a spin whenever I feel like – 60 seconds from desk to taxi! We fly 15 minutes to a friends farm to do our grocery shopping at the best ‘farm shop’ in the Cotswolds, or pop over to Compton Abbas to enjoy the scene. London Denham, with the tube nearby, is 20 minutes away in the Jetprop. Want a day at he beach – the Cornwall airports are less than an hour away. Alternatively, because we are border force approved for international operations, we often fly directly from the strip straight to Sion to visit friends – block time 2:30. Travelling commercially we would still be in the check in queue at Heathrow by the time we are having a glass with our friends in Veysonnaz.

A couple of video links:

Messing about in the Cub

Apologies, but I have not included the place name in the brochure, for reasons of privacy and security.

Very happy to answer any questions. Please help me sell this to another pilot!

https://pdf.savills.com/documents/Cotswold-estate-with-international-airfield.pdf

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 22 Feb 14:14
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

A dream too far for me, next life maybe
What a lovely touchdown in the Cub… well done and good luck for the sale!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Your house is very, very tasteful.
I am sure it will make someone happy

LFOU, France

For those who doubt a PA46 can operate from 750m grass strip, here are some YT links

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 22 Feb 15:02
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

An amazing place and good luck with the sale!

Personally I did alway wonder if it was more efficient to have such a runway or to have a smaller property and then have a helicopter instead of a plane. Obviously for going long distances having a plane is better.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Beautiful estate! Congratulations. Wish you all the best with the sale!

Out of my financial means unfortunately… I would need to sell the airplane and then, what’s the point of owing an airfield :D

etn
EDQN, Germany
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message