Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why do European CAAs not notify pilots of relevant matters and instead just wait for them to fly illegally?

Bathman wrote:

Or the FI with a tailwheel TMG that thinks he can sign off tailwheel differences training on an SEP.

He can, if he is FI/SLMG, he can sign NPPL/SSEA for difference training like tailwheel or +140KIAS, he can even sign to fly SSEA sea plane with difference training with no need for ATO training and SEP(SEA) skill-test

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Jun 12:43
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

There is no differences training required as part of the TMG class rating. A TMG holder can legally just jump in and fly a tailwheel TMG even if all their previous flying was on a nose wheel.

That is not the case with the SEP class.

An FI with a TMG rating cannot legally teach for the SEP rating unless he has an SEP rating himself and has completed 30 hours on type.

Even if the FI with TMG had an SEP rating he would still need SEP differences training signed off for himself before he could teach it and sign off others.

I think we can agree it’s over complicated and I suspect would get laughed out in a court of law which is why a NAA would never take someone to court.

So if there not going to take it to court why bother wasting resources telling the pilot population.

Yes I know, no TW variant in TMG class and you can’t carry TW variant between SEP & MEP class ratings in FCL (TW in DC3 is different from TW in SEP)

But as I said an FI/SLMG can sign SSEA TW for a pilot holding an NPPL as long as training is done under legacy rules in LASORS when flying non-Part21 aircraft, that would explain why some FI may not get it when it comes to FCL rules while training in Part21 aircraft…CAA is well aware of that “regulatory gap and complication”, I doubt getting someone to court is even possible !

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Jun 13:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message