Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

General Aviation aircraft in a War Zone

Haha I have seen a Jetprop with an external camera, but I couldn’t possibly tell ya where I saw it and whose it was And a JP is equally useless for photos…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Another question is if the Ukrainian government has requisitioned GA aircraft, or if GA pilots have volunteered to fly. We might never know, but I think anything piston-powered is unlikely.
Other than Antonov, the only Ukrainian manufacturer I can think of is Aeroprakt (I once flew an A22). Info-pilote article, translated:

Due to the invasion of Ukraine by the Russian army, the production sites of the German Flight Design and the Polish [sic] Aeroprakt are at a standstill. The Flight Design factory is located in Kherson, not far from Crimea (south of the country). That of Aeroprakt in Kyiv. As of March 13, Aeroprakt’s facilities were advertised as “intact” and “monitored by several employees living nearby”. The Kherson Flight Design site is protected by a security service. But the city, now controlled by Russian troops, lives to the rhythm of demonstrations against this occupation and the arrests that accompany them. Flight Design has a plan B to produce in the Czech Republic and would like to transfer the production tools and a maximum of employees (150 people before the war) as soon as possible, according to information entrusted to our German colleague Aerokurier. Aeroprakt would have an alternative in Poland. A restart of activity is not expected, at best, for several months

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message