Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Adding basemap Charts to ForeFlight

Amazing, Dimme! I am so grateful! It looks great!

The Norwegian maps are HUGE. Would it be possible to split them up, like the Avinor maps? E.g. South, Mid, North and Svalbard? Only the two last mentioned is both larger than Denmark….

Last Edited by ErlendV at 28 May 07:38
FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

I’ve been having a go at making my own base maps for the UK and with some help from Dimme I’ve made some headway. I colour coded the roads according to our road sign conventions and the road markings depend on the zoom levels. I’ve also annotated gliding and parachute areas with the obvious symbols, many of these sites are not marked by ForeFlight – why?

I’ve flown with this map several times now and it works very well for me and my preferences.

I’m rather enjoying playing around with these maps so plan to keep working and learning/improving as I go.

Last Edited by Xlr8tr at 29 May 14:17
EGLL, EGLF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Any plans for Finland and Denmark, Dimme? :)

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

ErlendV wrote:

Any plans for Finland and Denmark, Dimme? :)

Danish charts in GeoTIFF and PDF formats can be downloaded directly from Naviair (Danish ANS) here.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

ErlendV wrote:

The Norwegian maps are HUGE. Would it be possible to split them up, like the Avinor maps?

Possible? Yes. Would I want to do it? No. Sorry, I already spent several weeks on that map.

Xlr8tr wrote:

I’ve been having a go at making my own base maps for the UK

Looking good!

ErlendV wrote:

Any plans for Finland and Denmark

When time permits =)

Last Edited by Dimme at 16 Jun 23:13
ESME, ESMS

I was looking at the jaunt to LESU, and I realised Foreflight isn’t showing me anything for most of Spain. In fact it only shows VFR charts for France, Italy, Benelux and Denmark – nothing for UK, Germany, Scandinavia and much else. IFR Low charts are a bit better but still don’t cover Spain/Portugal, UK or Denmark.

I have the Pro Plus Europe subscription. Is this normal? It seems a bit of a swindle to call it “Europe” when it’s only about a quarter of Europe.

I’ve sent a message to their support email, but I wonder what other people are doing?

John

LFMD, France
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@johnh I just get the airport diagram, not sure if it has published instrument approaches. @NCYankee may also be able to help.

I don’t think I have any add on subscriptions, just the basic.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Do you have spain selected in your FF downloads – europe – list?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Yes I do, but nothing is downloaded for Spain.

Does Foreflight have VFR charts for Spain at all? Has anyone ever seen them?

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message