Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I can see my vacc record on the GP practice website. This is a new thing (seeing one’s test results online) and here is available only to people who they think won’t kill themselves when they see medical data (that comment is not as much tongue in cheek as some might think, because the vast majority of people take very little interest in their health) so it has to be GP approved. It took me years to get this… the system is incredibly patronising. But clearly the vacc data exists at that level in the NHS. I am sure it is online and widely accessible because all the vacc centres are entering it as they do each person.

Yes indeed hospital records are not joined up (potentially you could have a broken leg fixed and your GP may never find out, especially if you don’t tell the hospital his name) but I would think very few people are vacced in hospitals, especially private ones. Especially not private ones because that would be seen as a route for “privileged vaccine access” which would be a red hot political potato. Instead, hospital and care home managers get themselves vacced with “surplus” doses destined for their staff.

Obviously I have no 1st hand knowledge of current security service access but it is a fact that at times past they simply planted employees in various govt agencies who had the access… it is safe to assume they can get everything now and don’t need a court order, and that goes for countries where a court order would definitely ne needed, too

The CAA can’t get your records unless you consent, but if you don’t consent you won’t get a medical… end of story, no problem, no flying It appears that the UK CAA always gets the records for the Class 1 initial now (post Germanwings era) but not for a Class 2. They do grab them if you have an accident – this is evident from AAIB reports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The CAA can’t get your records unless you consent, but if you don’t consent you won’t get a medical… end of story, no problem, no flying

Yes, the problem for those interested in controlling compilation and distribution of their own health data, stopping inaccuracies and clerical errors from propagating, supplying only what is specifically requested (“never answer a question that has yet to be asked”) and so on is the existence of a government healthcare records database, because you can guarantee that whatever safeguards on distribution and use of individual records were originally intended, once into the database they will be eroded and continue to be eroded over long periods of time. And then they will be used for the unanticipated, unauthorized and sometimes incorrect purposes of the organizational recipient, helped along by paid employees who have no stake in your interests. You can bet on it. Rust never sleeps.

When a friend of mine’s long lived grandfather died 15 or 20 years ago, there was a bureaucratic problem because he was self employed for his entire life and had refused to sign up for social security. As a result he didn’t actually exist anywhere officially on a Federal level, quite a thing to contemplate today and a great privilege. He was one of the last to enjoy it. I was told that another problem his heirs had was that his untaxed money was distributed all over the place and it took a while to find it. My friend still has some of it, and it provides (taxed) investment income.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Apr 23:57

Peter wrote:

They do grab them if you have an accident – this is evident from AAIB reports.

All reports, or only those where the pilot died?

DavidS wrote:

To put that number in perspective:

Out of 18 million, I suspect that rather more than 30 had already caught Covid asymptomatically without getting tested. Something like a million.

The vaccination gives them Covid antibodies too, so could anybody tell after the event?

I have read that Covid also causes blood clots.

Might that be why countries with higher real levels of infection than the UK (whose current published rate includes false positives from millions of lateral flow tests on schoolchildren) are reporting a correspondingly greater (but arguably still insignificant) number of blood clots?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

False positives may be significant, but not to that extent. The lateral flow tests have false positive rates of around 1 in 1000, so with one million of these per day (out of 1.3 million total) there may be around 1,000 false positives per day, so that could be around 1/4 of the current daily case count.

I would say that a 10-30 percent error in the testing data is to small to explain that effect.

Biggin Hill

One could also hypothesise that EU countries, with much lower levels of vaccine supply, might be choosing their vaccinees more carefully (the most vulnerable) are are thus sticking it into a dataset of lower average robustness than the UK is?

EGLM & EGTN

172driver wrote:

Silvaire wrote:
However, what will really happen in the US is that businesses that try to force people to document their health status to take part in society will be shunned in preference to others that don’t.
Good luck with that. The opposite is going to happen. Businesses who don’t care about their clients will be shunned.

I think I agree a lot more with Silvaire on this one.

In the UK it has come to light that only 1 in 5 are complying with the guidance to get tested if they have symptoms, and to self-isolate. Compliance in the general UK population is very low.

The remaining 4 in 5 are probably not going to be keen to go to places where they are (say) forced to show a vaccination certificate. So the businesses that don’t will get the 4 in 5 as their customer base, and the businesses which try to enforce this stuff will get the remaining 1 in 5, which is probably not so good for their longevity.

Last Edited by alioth at 03 Apr 16:46
Andreas IOM

The vacc certificate thing in the UK has been completely overblown, and most of the noise is about pubs.

What Johnson actually said when asked about vacc certs for pubs was “I think that’ll probably be up to the publican”.

The press ran with this meaning publicans (those who run a pub, for those unfamiliar with UK terminology) would be required to implement the system on behalf of the state.

Actually, it’s always up to the publican. I don’t know how this differs in other countries, but a publican has total discretion – he can refuse admission or service to anyone without needing to give a reason. And within the bounds of equality law (e.g. he can’t have a whites-only rule) he can make whatever rules he likes about who comes in.

So if a publican wants to see a vacc cert or a negative test, or if he doesn’t care, that’s up to him. All I’ve heard the government say confirms this, and I’ve heard nothing to say they will be required to do anything.

Apart from anything else, hospitality will be allowed to open from 12 April and the government has been clear that any vacc tracking system, howsoever implemented, will not operate until everyone who wants a jab has had one. Otherwise you would have uproar with the oldies (who all this has been done to protect) being allowed out way before the younger folk.

Last Edited by Graham at 03 Apr 17:39
EGLM & EGTN

government has been clear that any vacc tracking system, howsoever implemented, will not operate until everyone who wants a jab has had one.

Not heard of that, and it would delay the opening of travel to warm places for a long time… especially if two doses are required to qualify.

and the businesses which try to enforce this stuff will get the remaining 1 in 5, which is probably not so good for their longevity.

I don’t really see vacc passports as relevant to domestic stuff. There will be enough pubs which will be open to anybody, and within a group of people you can get one who can meet the requirements, buy the drinks, and bring them outside. The main application is for foreign travel.

But obviously those who want to block the idea will use the pub angle as the wedge to get people angry about it. If they could, they would claim that public toilets will be closed without a vacc certificate

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My wife won’t be getting a vaccination certificate any time soon She’s been talking about getting checked for antibodies for a while, this morning as she spoke about it at breakfast I set her up on my phone for testing at one of the local pharmacies/chemists/drug stores where they have a nurse on site doing testing. As she paused for breath I said “I just texted you the address, you need to be there in 15 minutes”. That got her going, versus ruminating, which is always good for one’s mood… I’ve been looking forward to a nice weekend. They gave her the results before she left and after two months she’s very positive for both short and long term antibodies, with whatever level of immunity that provides. That made her happy and isn’t a bad outcome in exchange for one day of elevated temperature and a week of nose sniffles. Since she’s (irrationally) quite suspicious about CV-19 vaccines in general her choice will be to forego vaccination unless somebody forces her to get it.

Meanwhile I’m kind of looking forward to getting my second Moderna shot later this month and getting this whole issue behind me. Different strokes for different folks. We won’t regardless be expecting anybody else to document or publicly disclose their medical history to accommodate us.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 03 Apr 19:53
Sign in to add your message