Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Going from France to LESL and LESB - COVID procedures questions

I’m not going on any trips at the moment but feel compelled to comment how wonderful it is to see how much helpfulness, experience and knowledge we have on this site.
A pleasure to read.
Rgds.

United Kingdom

I have the same question as Peter (only just reversed!)

I need to fly to France for my mountain rating renewal. Worst case I can do it without exiting the airplane and without pax. I just need to land at a remote mountain airfield.

I know about the Spanish side of such trip (see above) . What about the French side? Is it allowed?
Worst case, if it is just a transit (ie not leaving the airport or even the airplane) are there any restrictions?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

GA_Pete wrote:

I’m not going on any trips at the moment but feel compelled to comment how wonderful it is to see how much helpfulness, experience and knowledge we have on this site.
A pleasure to read.

+1

LSZK, Switzerland

Antonio wrote:

I need to fly to France for my mountain rating renewal. Worst case I can do it without exiting the airplane and without pax

Is that few TnG in some Altiport? if I had Peter’s endurance it will be logged as EGSX-EGSX in my aircraft techlog with one FPL, I can’t see why one would argue that you even left Spain (assuming you don’t need any PPR from anyone or see Customs or reception to pay fees)

PS: it may show as two flights on FR24 traces, but if curious Joe asks say it’s a glitch on the website :)

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 May 22:09
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thx @Ibra, that’ll be my fallback plan if nothing else is viable.

Not literally TnG which is not physically possible at most locations (except for Peter’s archaetypical mountain F-16) , but that’s the idea.

I wonder how French pilots do it since I am sure a lot of them have a similar situation.

[typo corrected]

Last Edited by Antonio at 18 May 08:11
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Yes proper back track and stay on the runway, one may get trapped on the taxiway

I think most people give up, it involves driving car the way to the place, the other way around is to fly in TMG & Microlights (they are exempt but more challenging and need the right conditions), rent an aircraft & instructor locally to get currency, fly your SEP next month?

Yes proper back track and stay on the runway, one may get trapped on the taxiway.

Back-tracking on an altiport is not very frequent…

I wonder how French pilots do it since I am sure a lot of them have a similar situation.

Many French clubs have continued operating instruction flights on the grounds that since public schools were kept mostly open the same standard should be applied to training flights.

T28
Switzerland

T28 wrote:

I guess in a sense your landing rollout is backtracking the departure runway?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Flying clubs operate normally. We do extremely few international flights anyway

For your mountain currency flight, I would just treat it as a fuel stop. If you can do it and fly back without refueling, just send 2 FPLs and go.
If you don’t leave an airport, you should be ok. ATC doesn’t call the cops.

LFOU, France

T28 wrote:

Seems the only SOP: I am not sure how one land at Courcheval or other places but it’s always backtracking no? you land on slope and takeoff downhill? if it’s too windy such that the above does not work, you would not be able to approach ;)

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 May 08:22
Sign in to add your message