Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting ARC in Eastern Europe

Colleagues,

please advise where can i get ARC for Piper PA-28-140D closest to the east ? my VFR plane has German regiser (D- ), but at the moment i fly it in Ukraine.

Thank you in advance and sorry in advance if i ask stupid question – new at your forum.

Oleksii

Advisor
UKKK

The ARC you will get from the LBA.
I guess the closest maintenance shop in EASA Land would be in Poland oder Lithuania.
No idea if there is any LBA approved shop in these countries.

United Kingdom

No idea if there is any LBA approved shop in these countries.

The shop does not have to be LBA approved, the ARC can be issued by LBA directly with the maintenance documentation from the Part 145 in whichever EASA country.

My ARC is issued and signed by a CAMO, not by the NAA, so it seems to me that any EASA CAMO could issue the ARC

LSZK, Switzerland

My ARC is issued and signed by a CAMO, not by the NAA, so it seems to me that any EASA CAMO could issue the ARC…

No, the CAMO needs to be given the authority by the NAA. That is accomplished by sending all kinds of documents to the CAA showing that it has the credentials. The alternative is to send the documentation from the Part 145 to the CAA which then issues the ARC. Process for the UK CAA is listed here.

The shop does not have to be LBA approved, the ARC can be issued by LBA directly with the maintenance documentation from the Part 145 in whichever EASA country.

Does the LBA know this? One of my neighbours in the hangar have a D-reg Robin, he could not manage to have the annual done by a UK shop as the LBA did not approve the shop. So he flies the plane to Germany for every annual and get the ARC there.

Last Edited by mdoerr at 04 Nov 17:32
United Kingdom

CAMOs issue ARCs, Part 145s do the maintenance. You can use all Part 145s approved by EASA but the CAMO needs to be approved by the NAA to issue ARCs on behalf of the NAA.

You have two choices there: ask the NAA to issue the ARC with the documentation from the Part 145 or send it to a CAMO approved by LBA.

ask the NAA to issue the ARC with the documentation from the Part 145

This is the part that didn’t work.

United Kingdom

Could I revive this thread for Italy ?

I am looking at a D-reg Robin in Italy.
There might be several issues at hand, but one being an ARC from 2015.

How would I proceed ?
Sorry for my ignorance, but I am new to ownership (and flying actually) and the ussual search engines gave me somewhat conflicting results.

From previous posts and some other searches I would assume that I need to get the plane in question to a Easa-CAMO.
After the regulated tasks are carride out, I write to the LBA to issue an ARC.
Alternative path: I find a LBA-approved CAMO and they can directly issue the ARC.

Thanks in advance

EDM_, Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message