Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GAMI injectors

RobertL18C wrote:

would agree in a turbocharged engine a multi probe engine monitor is good insurance. For a de rated normally aspirated engine that will operate below 65% when leaned, I would rather spend the money on preventive maintenance and oil analysis.

Turbo / non-turbo they can both suffer the same problems.
Imagine – doing a runup test. On one magneto your engine runs rough. What do you do? What do you check? Is it magneto? Sparkplug? If sparkplug then which one? Maybe fuel injector? You basically have no idea.
With an engine monitor and a bit of knowledge – you can make your diagnosis within a minute!

Poland

Looking to install GAMI injectors into Lycoming IO-540-AB1A5 engine.

Need recommendations within reasonable distance from Lithuania to buy and install.

Is there much tuning involved in the process?

Or maybe I should just order them from GAMI (US) and ask a local mechanic to do it?

Last Edited by par at 27 May 07:05
par
too much time in ..
EYVP, EYKA, Lithuania

Search for GAMI and see posts above.

You normally buy from GAMI in the US. They are just standard Lycoming injectors, selected for flow rate. Any mechanic can do it.

@par post moved to existing thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You normally buy from GAMI in the US. They are just standard Lycoming injectors, selected for flow rate. Any mechanic can do it.

Highly recommend GAMIjectors. Fitted them some 10 years ago and they reduced fuel flow enormously.
If you have an Engine Monitor, send them a ‘read out’ and they will analyse the results. If need be, they will send you an amended injector(s) free of charge.
Likewise, if you have cylinder changes later, they will do the same then at a reduced fee (remember to keep the original invoice).

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Highly recommended. Before I got into my current aircraft the previous owners sent their engine readouts to GAMI who said (paraphrasing) “you’re very lucky, don’t give us any money; you won’t see much improvement from us but keep in touch if anything changes”

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom
85 Posts
Sign in to add your message