Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel duty drawback (reclaim)

It’s all here.

Recently, they have changed this from a paper form process to an online form process, which has made it much easier. Drawback rate is still 37.7 pence per litre. On the online form, you can inidicate your bank details to get the amount bank-wired to your account.

You can also find details here.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 May 21:10
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

as always many thanks
this is all mega big help to me what i get helped here at euroga!!!!!!!!!
thanks to peter to make it possible

fly2000

I have just got around to doing my 2-yearly “exercise” for drawback and before I found the above link I – following a vague memory that it went online – did a google and it’s obvious that loads of people still use the old paper forms…

Then I discovered I threw away the invoices… so there is a four figure refund lost…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For the first time, I have received the duty drawback on my bank account instead of a prehistoric check in the mail. The bank fees were substantial though, 75 GBP were due, 19.5 € fees were charged.

It’s obvious there is no point in using the online form, because all it does is to generate a PDF (without the .pdf suffix, just to confuse anybody not IT-competent) which you print off and mail to them.

So I will revert to using the paper form.

The online form supports a maximum of 6 flights anyway, and all the info has to be re-typed each time, whereas with the HO60 one could prefill e.g. the addresses and print off a load of them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@achimha who charged you the 19 EUR – the sending bank or the receiving bank?

My bank, i.e. the receiving bank. Now that all Euro transfers within the EU are free of charge and overnight, banks try to make even more money on anything that falls outside that law.

I believe cashing a GBP check is cheaper but it’s a hassle and they are only valid for 6 months.

Still nice the UK provide that service. It’s rare that you both have the right to get something and there is actually a very well worked out process. Very civilized, I like that about the UK. I wouldn’t do do it, there is little need to reimburse mineral oil taxes to private airplanes…

You should open a Swiss account. No fees on incoming transfers :)

These fees are negotiable. When things like that happened to me with my (geman) bank in the Czech Republic I told them I would cancel all accounts after they charged me € 20 for every transaction to Germany. They thought about it again and now I pay less the € 5 per transaction.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Jun 10:33

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

You should open a Swiss account.

Only criminals have Swiss bank accounts I thought?

Flyer59 wrote:

These fees are negotiable.

Indeed and I have arrangements for larger transfers and more regular transfers. This one I just swallow, let the bank make some effortless money every now and then… The dis-integrated banking system just hurts the UK, a real trade inhibitor.

Sign in to add your message