Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

From zero to hero (at least for a few minutes)

In 2015, aged 39, I joined this forum as a PPL student.

That was my second shot at it after losing all my money due to a flight school closure when I was 19 years old.

I got my license in 2017 and my first aeroplane in January this year. Yesterday, I got my CAA IR R.

I went back to read my first posts here, and I saw a dreamer, someone who didn’t know much about aviation and what to do. Step-by-step, in your opinions and experiences, I always found support here. And bit by bit, I moved on.

Thank you for your help and support. You, too, made my dream come true. And yesterday, just for a few minutes, I felt like a hero. Now. I’m back to reality :)

Happy Christmas everyone.

EGSU, United Kingdom

WELCOME “back” and Merry Christmas Fernando!

ESOW, Sweden

Nice post. Well done!

Forever learning
EGTB

Congrats on getting your IRR !

I too have drawn inspiration, knowledge and pleasure first from Peter’s articles then in this forum. I’m actually certain I would not have thought it possible to do the IR, or to own a plane, without those (so I blame you Peter !). And the first time I read about what became my dream plane, and then my actual plane, the PA46 Mirage, was at the bottom of this very long but fascinating article Peter wrote about the ownership of the TB20.

So I’ll join you in the spirit of Advent and say thanks to everyone here.

EGTF, LFTF

Great!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

We’re all hero’s really

Congratulations, well done.

United Kingdom

Well deserved, congratulations! Time flies when you’re the pilot :-)

Last Edited by Vref at 19 Dec 11:33
EBST

Congratulations @Fernando! Hopefully I’ll follow soon

Germany

Congratulations Fernando.

Hope your dreams will continue to become reality.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Congrats!!

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message