Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

update on the norway/uk PPL license

Hello gents, Just thought i would keep you updated with this, incase anyone is interested or finds them self in the same position... what a ******* drag it is for a new student to understand the best way forwad see email below, i will update you when they reply.....

Dear Sir/Madam,

"""""As you can see the following message has been sent to both the Uk CAA and the Norwegian CAA, I would like to receive some categorical yes or no replies so i can proceed, please can i have a response from both authorities to confirm the below is acceptable.

The situation is I am a British Citizen and i will be living in Norway due to work commitments for up to one year,and then i will be returning to the Uk with the intention of owning a plane and flying within the Uk and Europe.

whilst i am out here i will endeavour to complete my PPL, therefore i am now a member of Kjellor airport school and have been assigned an instructor...... i have done my research on the rules and regulations and made the necessary phone calls between Norwegian CAA and British CAA pilot schools ect ect , the outcome is as follows....

1) The Norwegian CAA don't have the time and resources to provide me with a theory exam in English..... which was my first problem.
2) Therefore i spoke to uk CAA and asked if it is acceptable to pass theory exam in the Uk, and do my practical flying in Norway- The answer to this was yes - so Can This is be absolutely confirmed?
3) I then asked the Uk CAA once i complete my practical flying exams in Norway will i be issued a Norwegian PPL or British PPL - The answer to this was - I could apply for either, it Does not matter ( Obviously i would prefer Uk issued - Can this be absolutely confirmed ok?
4) I then spoke to Norwegian CAA to explain my plan and i was told- this was an acceptable way to do it.

From what i understand the above is acceptable by both parties PLEASE advise as i would hate to invest alot of money in a license or lessons which was invalid.

i look forward to your responses,
Kind regards,

Nathan Dade""""""""""

[edited for text formatting, and please no F-words]

bristol, oslo

You forgot to mention your salary.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Achima, you cheeky git I will let you have that one lol!

bristol, oslo
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message