Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ICAO GIS map viewer

airspace data for Europe does not exist in a machine readable form

There is some fairly reliable stuff available in the glider community, though that is of course unofficial data.

In southern Spain, for example, it even has some firefighting and crop dusting strips.

Yours truly has been adding some of these to ourairports in the last couple of weeks, more are to follow. I do have some fear for causing trouble, though, as some pilots who think all the world is like their home might blunder into a Spanish firefighters field or a UK farm strip under the 28-days rule without realising, nor even wondering, what they did wrong.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Yours truly has been adding some of these to ourairports in the last couple of weeks, more are to follow. I do have some fear for causing trouble, though, as some pilots who think all the world is like their home might blunder into a Spanish firefighters field

Good on ‘ya, Jan! As for the Spanish firefighting strips (some are actually pretty long hard runways), I never found out about the legality of landing on them. Some are marked on charts, some are not, but most (perhaps all) of them are in the Spanish Air Force book called ’Campos Eventuales’ which, btw, I highly recommend for anyone flying regularly in Spain.

Thanks for the link.

Considering going outside the bounds of SkyDemon and it is rather difficult to find good info for countries to the south…
Thanks

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message