Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

Do I need GARs for a tech stop (refueling) on a trip EU-EGPC-Iceland?

Last Edited by cessnatraveller at 28 Jun 14:32

Yes; like most countries, the UK does not recognise “tech stops” for GA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not sure about EGPC? maybe ask them? it’s likely allowed there without having to go to terminal while staying near the aircraft in their ‘international zone’

However, GA in UK has to systematically send GAR,
- You need send GAR to land in City airport (landed there as pax and the pilot had his GAR form)
- Biggin/Southend, have permanent customs who want GAR after ILS at LeTouquet and no landing

In addition ‘Fuel stops’ are explicitly not allowed on smaller UK airfields, you will need GAR and UKBF presence before flying again…and while you can land anywhere, you can’t land, fuel and depart !

Here is the extract from our grass strip temporary certificate of agreement

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Jun 16:29
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

You’ll need a GAR at EGPC but the team at Far North Aviation can walk you through it. Like many things, it’s not difficult once you know what to do.

It’s an excellent place to stop – Far North had started fuelling before I had taken my lunch off the back seat.

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

IOW, the UK does not recognise “tech stops” for GA. so you need to send the GAR

It’s pretty easy, although the latest .xlsx form is confusing especially since you now have to do one for inbound and another one for outbound. Start with selecting the Arrival or Departure mode and then fill in the rest

Email it to and CC to yourself as evidence.

Administrator

Thank you all for your help!

Administrator

From here

Ibra wrote:

I am not sure how UKBF, HMRC or Special Branch get your GAR out of GENDEC.eu? does it forward to the NCU? or each agency individually? did they change the distribution list after Brexit?

They have a “secure link” to the UK Home Office for that, just like OnlineGAR, RocketRoute and Airbox RunwayHD.

ELLX

They have a “secure link” to the UK Home Office for that, just like OnlineGAR, RocketRoute and Airbox RunwayHD.

Thanks, I just spotted that, puzzled why AutoRouter is not listed though?

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Jul 13:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Thanks, I just spotted that, puzzled why AutoRouter is not listed though?

Because AutoRouter doesn’t have that “Secure Link” set up (which gives an acknowledgement with a reference number), they just fire an email to the NCU on your behalf (which anybody can do, no setup with the Home Office necessary), with far higher risk that the email gets “lost” and you have a friendly or irate Border Force telling you you did not submit a GAR.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message