Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

It is the little things

… that brighten up the day.

I was flying from Schoenhagen EDAZ to Stuttgart EDDS. Berlin Departure said “climb rate 1000 ft per minute or greater” and I was happy to give them 1200 ft/min until FL100. Later Stuttgart Tower said “reduce to 120 knots” when I was on the ILS going 160 KIAS as usual when using a CAT airport. That was followed by “reduce to minimum landing speed” to make further room for other traffic.

At the GAT I saw a full lineup of other little planes.

Puts a smile on my face.

Frequent travels around Europe

one of my favorite little things was arrival to LJPZ few years ago when we had a Cirrus (probably SR20 I admit ) few nm in front of us but ATC send us direct to final in front of him. So we landed creating no delays for this slow aircraft

LKKU, LKTB

One gets a lot of nice little things in GA.

The first one is the number of really nice people one meets. Without that it would be really boring and I would have given up years ago.

One moment I recall was at a certain sleepy Greek island, c. 2004. I went up to the tower to pay the landing fee. They said “What landing fee? – welcome to Greece!”

And I had the same at another sleepy Greek island much more recently. Nobody downstairs knew what to do about paying but eventually they passed me a phone having dialed the number of the ATCO in the tower. I said I would like to pay. He said “Nothing to pay”. I said “How is that possible??” He replied, with a pretty good grip on the lingo “I bet that’s the best news you’ve had all day!”. In truth the landing fee would have been about €20 anyway, half of that being a passenger fee…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message