Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

Hello,

I am currently inquiring few insurances in order to lower my rather “pricey premium” (€ 5000/year, minus € 350, if no accident was declared during the year).
This is for a C182, hull value 195000€, and the contract allows renting for pilots with more than 200 hours (my personnal minimas for renting are even higher).

I have received an offer from BETA Aviation, which seems to be a Sweden company. For 5 to 10 pilots, which is enough for me, the premium is € 4400, and they will refund 20% (i.e. €700) of it in case no accident was declared.
One trick is they do separate the responsibility for persons on the ground (up to 4M€) and passengers on board (up to 300k€ each). In no way those funds could communicate, which is usually the case in France, if one or the other should become insufficient (so I was explained).

My main question is to know if some of you know that company and could give some feedback.
Or have some idea to suggest !!!

Regards

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 13 Oct 11:47

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

I have received an offer from BETA Aviation, which seems to be a Sweden company.

It’s Danish.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I read again the offer (from a french broker), and you seem to be right.
In french, it is stated “Partenaire suédois dont la branche aviation est située au Danemark”, ie “Swedish partner whose aviation branch is located in Denmark”.

So I am sorry for my mistake, but their statement is not much clear.

@Airborne_Again Do you know them ? Maybe you have had some contract with them ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

In case you do some flying to the UK you may want to check rates here. Our 2001 T182T is half of your premium..
If you PM me I can send you a contact

EDLN and EDKB

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

@Airborne_Again Do you know them ? Maybe you have had some contract with them ?

@PetitCessnaVoyageur No, I don’t. I was just curious as I hadn’t heard about them and then looked at their web site.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

CAAs usually only accept insurance companies that are in some list. You might want to verify that.

Such a list sounds like it is against European anti-competition law. You should be able to use any insurance company in the EU.

No such list here in the UK.

Here, Haywards Aviation Insurance has about 90% of the GA market. I pay GBP 2800 for the TB20, agreed value 195k. This is based on 1000+ hrs and a CPL/IR (have 2000+ hrs now but I don’t think it makes any difference). Only the one named pilot.

What is fairly unusual is a “foreign” company insuring a piston aircraft.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In my experience, the NAA’s don’t take much notice of the fundamental EU principles of free movement of labour, goods and services.

You can’t just move the regs around as they all have different views on engine and prop regulation, and operating a foreign reg in cumbersome, to say the least (ask me how I know).

Insurance is one such area. I spoke to an insurance exec about this recently and they would love to offer their business throughout Europe, but is basically being kept out of the market. I had a very tough time with the LBA as they would not accept the insurance policy. Not even a letter from the CEO of AIG Aviation was sufficient (as he had not used the correct form, it turned out!)

EGTR

Peter wrote:

What is fairly unusual is a “foreign” company insuring a piston aircraft.

This is what I thought indeed. I had the insurer on the phone, in the business for more than 30 years, and that partnership seems to be an old one.

On the written offer I received, they insist (bold), on two things:
- the contract will be written in English
- it will be under Swedish law, which I don’t really measure the implications.

Any thoughts about the special civil responsability condition (totally splitting funds for passengers and funds for ground victims) ?

achimha wrote:

CAAs usually only accept insurance companies that are in some list. You might want to verify that.

I must check that.

Sign in to add your message