Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Eurocontrol invoices (amount: 0€) for airways charges

I have just received one of those crazy Eurocontrol invoices (5 pages) for airway fees.
Apparently, what they do now is they send you that pile of cr@p for every IFR flight (even if below 2 tons), they calcalute the hypothetic airways charges and then, in the final line of the invoice, set it all back to zero.

Anyone else?

Stop that bureaucratic madness!

On second thought: I have received this invoice only for the return part of my recent trip to Cannes. Could it be that this is country-dependant and that only flights starting in France generate these ghost invoices?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Apr 08:18
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Test probe They want to see your reaction … and suddenly one day you’ll get real one with amount > 0.

Few years ago I got the invoice (actually it was sent to Croatian control) because someone mismatched my TB20 for TBM and I had to sent aircraft papers to discard the invoice.

Last Edited by Emir at 24 Apr 08:38
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Maybe they moved from 32-bit integers to IEEE 32-bit floating point maths and a zero is not an exact zero?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Echo that Emir: I received an invoice recently, passed on by the owner of a DA42 I was flying to EHRD.

When this was pointed out to Eurocontrol, there was no contrition or apology or even an explanation as to why at 1,785kgs this should even have been calculated, just an “OK, we’ll cancel it” – Test Probe II?

They must have a very pro-active mechanism for collecting addresses of the owners.

There is no central database, especially not for N-regs where a letter to the trustee is the usual way (the sometimes p1ssed off trustee forwards it to you with a stroppy letter).

I once had a long phone call with a lady in the accounts office of some big airport, an explained to her how to use google to find where people are probably based.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So, how much are these route charges for a plane of my weight? 9400lbs MTOW.

You can use autorouter to define your aircraft and determine routes and it will show you the charges for each route.

7 Posts
Sign in to add your message