Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cancelling a flight plan

In France, they now don’t seem to accept it all anymore (despite their AIP saying the contrary). Anybody know why that is?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Oct 18:59
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ve never had a problem closing a VFR flight plan in the air in France, field in sight. Except at night, when they wanted me back on the ground before they would close -which is nice and caring of them

Bordeaux

Do you refer to the last say 18 months?

Ajaccio Approach were perfectly happy to close my flight plan while in the air (landing at Propriano, with the field in sight). In fact in turned out to be a while after closing it before I landed, due to parachute ops. This was this Sepetmber, just before the EuroGA fly in at Calvi.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Interesting. I have had at least a handful of cases recently (in very different parts of France) where ATC/FIS refused to do it. Not because they didn’t want to do it generally, but they wanted me to land first. They gave me a telephone number whilst still in the air… After landing, when doing the phone call, I ended up speaking with exactly the same person in some cases!

In Croatia they want you on the ground calling them to close the plan – the explanation is S&R purposes. In Slovenia you can close if while still airborn – field in sight.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message