Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR videos online

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any website where, as a student IMCR/IR, one could watch IFR approaches videos online, for selected approach etc... ? Of course, one could go to YouTube, but I am thinking about something just for that purpose?

Thanks, Vincent

That's an interesting request.

But, why would you want that? In IFR training you fly on instruments, until the decision height and only then you start to pretend to be visual.

If done right (or with luck, if it's an NDB approach ) you see the runway straight ahead and that's it. The instructor will decide whether you go around or land. In fact if you go around then you are not supposed to see anything.

The best way to save yourself a few k, and loads of frustration, is to set up FSX, with a cheap joystick, and make sure you can fly every procedure on that before even thinking of flying it for real. But get some instruction beforehand so you are doing it right.

OTOH I might have misunderstood your requirement.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

apologies I should have been more explicit I am thinking of the equivalent of what navigraph does for the fsx/xplane community, which is high quality videos of approaches, across the world, focussing first on explaining the plate and then showing the instruments as the pilot actually fly the approach, up to visual at the end. I was wondering whether such an online training/ community existed for pilots.

I found something interesting...

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message