Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (23-24 September 2023)

Just a local flight around the patch followed by a bbq in front of the hangar.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Just topped-up oil and TKS fluid and make short sightseeing flight around Zagreb in preparing for LECD fly-in.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

the TR182 is an interesting beast. It’s not elegant or sporty, nor does it climb hugely well, maybe 800fpm at gross (granted, this is at isa+20) but it happily maintains that climb rate as you get into the thinner air.

Not trying to be confrontational, but
I think that’s a little unfair. I think they are elegant, in a way that’s connected with their known capabilities.
And what outperforms 800ftpm at Gross in ISA + 20?

United Kingdom

Not an owner assisted Annual as such but I do remove bits that help the guys, and take stuff home to refurbish and repaint.
These bits had some Corrosion forming. Nothing serious but unsightly, and will be serious if ignored.
More of the same this weekend.

United Kingdom

@GA_Pete you are right, I was a little unfair.

The fact it would still do that 800fpm after takeoff with full tanks, 2pob and luggage for 2 weeks on board, at 9500ft DA is indeed impressive. Most of the flights I did were cruising no lower than 10,000 so anything non turbo would have been a struggle.

Anyway, after a night in Sedona we flew on to 0V7 Kayenta. We flew the Zuni Point route northbound across the grand canyon at 11,500 and made the blind calls as specified on the Grand Canyon TAC chart.

There is nothing at Kayenta but we ate some sandwiches and pressed on to Monument Valley. It was midday by this point and getting bumpy, but I dropped down a bit as I don’t know when I’ll next get the opportunity to fly here. I don’t know if you’re allowed to fly between the monuments, but I haven’t received a telling off yet…

After that we climbed up and continued on. I planned to stop at Bryce Canyon airport but realised there was nothing there, so we continued to Cedar City KCDC for fuel. Unfortunately it was bumpy but I didn’t want to climb higher than 12,500 due to not having O2 cannulas, so it was not a super fun flight and this curtailed sightseeing opportunities around Bryce canyon. We did go up to 14,500 earlier on but only for shorter periods.

After landing at KCDC just ahead of a Skywest CRJ who was getting increasingly concerned that the Skylane in front of them would make them go missed, we fuelled up and flew right across the middle of Nevada to south Lake Tahoe. Coming from Europe it’s interesting flying at a big regional airport with airline traffic, training traffic and no tower.

Last Edited by IO390 at 28 Sep 01:11
United Kingdom

Not really done anything with the aircraft on the actual weekend, but at least I began a trip on Sunday to pick up my club’s brand new Sportstar RTC from the Evektor factory In Kunovice, Czech republic. First by commercial flight to Prague and then by train. On Monday and Tuesday I ferried the aircraft back to Sweden, Kunovice LKKU – Strausberg EDAY – Eslöv ESME – Sundbro ESKC. Here’s a picture of the beauty during the stop in Strausberg.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 28 Sep 06:40
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

“Awesome” does not describe the Monument Valley etc pics!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I see @IO390 has great time in US but it’s great shame he’ll miss out fly-in

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Absolutely!
And worthy it’s own trip report thread

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

One of the beauties of travel around the world is that you see or experience things that are amazing to you, but which are routine to the people who live there. It works equally well in reverse – any of the passes out of the Engadin do it for me

One thought I’ve had from time to time is to wonder how it would go if you force landed on the large flat area on top of those island looking mesas.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Sep 16:57
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message