Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has FR24 access to flightplans?

I would need to start a new thread, because nobody else is going to do it But google etc isn’t supposed to be raiding your phone for personal (identifying) data. And I am sure they do not (various reasons).

I don’t like FR24 getting FPs (seems quite weird actually, that Eurocontrol agree to this) but I would argue that in GA we have more serious issues, like the passport details.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would argue that in GA we have more serious issues, like the passport details.

I agree, I found this to be way more intrusive, especially I am giving a random handling agent things that I don’t even trust the granny with them: passport, credit card, bank account…I usually use virtual credit card, secondary bank account and secondary passport

Still lot of details for someone to sell your house when you are not around

FPL is associated with aircraft reg not my name, it does not bother me that much, if someone can make money out of it or track all aircraft in the sky it’s fine by me

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Dec 13:29
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

For example your phone doesn’t know your phone number (unless it is an Iphone and you are using the I-message feature).

My Android phone certainly knows my phone number even if I don’t!

I have a twin-SIM phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e) where one of the SIM cards is for a work subscription. That card is associated with an extension number of the university’s landline PBX. That number is used to call the phone and it shows up as caller ID. The phone also has a regular mobile phone number. I’ve never been given that number, but it shows if you ask the phone for its SIM card status.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I am not going to take this even more off topic but that’s not how phones work

Back to the topic, it would be interesting to test this. Can someone show me where on FR24 one can see flight plans?

Administrator

FWIW Flightaware can as well.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Where on their website are these shown?

Previous thread on FA and flight plans

Administrator

Can someone show me where on FR24 one can see flight plans?

File I-FPL Shoreham-Southend at FL100, go to FR24, search Southend Arrivals, you will see the reg listed with your EOBT and some dummy estimated ETA

I can do a demo with your reg if you want and cancel after? it will disappoint plane spotters

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Dec 19:20

You mean like this (for EGKA)

Presumably that is tomorrow morning. But I see no reg.

For LFAT I see this, and this shows the regs

and then once you have the reg you can search under that and see tomorrow’s flights. This is an AOC operator

Administrator

I see like LFAT for my flight plans with my type & reg (N-reg in trust) for both departure & arrival

Peter wrote:

that’s not how phones work

Well, if thats not how phones work, where did the phone number come from if not the SIM card? It can’t have come from me as I didn’t have it. Enquiring minds want to know.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message