Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying into EDDM - any tips?

For an airport like Munich with a 3.9t jet it is cheap. The big saving is handling not being mandatory. Handling would double the price.

EGTK Oxford

I ran the fee calculator posted on another forum by “someone” who flew in to EDDM with a Mustang a few days ago.

The landing fee for a sub-2 t airplane with one pax staying 2 days. The landing fee is 130 euros.The other major items are a passenger charge of about 19 € and parking 12 € (3 € per ton per day). Total 162 €. That is exactly what I paid at EDDK just to land and refuel last summer – but to be fair that included a terminal fee of 40 € which would probably come on top of said amount for EDDM.

LFPT, LFPN

The problem is you won’t get a slot with an SEP. But i have not tried personally.

So how do you know this is a fact?

Is the calculator online?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On the other hand, using the same calculator I entered a C510 3900 kg staying overnight and it gave me an estimate of 140 €… So now I am curious about the breakdown of the 300 € to understand what additional charges incurred and whether that could be applicable to smaller piston GA.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 28 Jan 12:48
LFPT, LFPN

The fee calculator for some reason on the C510 only does half the charges. ie it forgets takeoff.

http://www.munich-airport.de/en/business/branchen/aviation/entgelte/entgelt-rechner/index.jsp

EGTK Oxford

Apparently the calculator does not compute the take-off charge for any of the airplane types I tried. From the tariff regulations it seems like the take-off fee is the same as the landing fee, i.e. around 130 €.

That brings the 2-day stay of the sub-2 t airplane with one passenger up to 292 € and the C510 overnight with no pax has to pay 270 €

And there might be VAT on top of that.

BTW the charges are higher for non-commercial.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 28 Jan 13:05
LFPT, LFPN

@Peter
because i live 20 miles from the airport, know some controllers, and because it is common knowledge of pilots around here.

Flyer59 seems to be right:

2.1.2. Aircraft with a maximum take-off weight of up to 2000 kg and aircraft flying according to visual flight rules (VFR) may
use the airport only with prior permission (PPR). Exceptions are made in the following cases:
- Assistance, emergency and disaster relief flights
- search and rescue flights, and police missions
- landings due to weather conditions, technical reasons or other safety-related reasons.

http://www.munich-airport.de/media/download/bereiche/aviation/fbo2010_en.pdf

So no Jetprops, but Meridians are fine! :) I have to admit I was worried about F59 appearing in my windshield on short final!

Last Edited by JasonC at 28 Jan 13:30
EGTK Oxford

Aviathor wrote:

Apparently the calculator does not compute the take-off charge for any of the airplane types I tried. From the tariff regulations it seems like the take-off fee is the same as the landing fee, i.e. around 130 €.

Separate landing and take-off fees? What on earth is the point in that? It should only add to the administration costs.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message