Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Routings via middle Austria no longer possible?

Peter wrote:

Apologies, I did not make it clear I am looking for LDLO EGKA.

Ok – that explains some: First part is the PULA3F departure and then ROTAR AKADO. This is what I always get when routing a departure from Losinji to the north. That leads you roughly overhead Venice. From there your routing seems to be almost great circle to KPT – as you would expect in FRA.

The only question is now this “edge” from KPT (I guess it’s L856 to ROMIR) instead of something directly to the north. The problem here is the Stuttgart airspace:
P66 would go north from KPT to LUPOL but basically ends briefly after at DITBA for a transition to EDDS. Therefore you had this edge from LUPOL (Z714 to LEBSO and from there joining the N851) Looks like few miles shorter to me but not really avoiding the funny edge…

Germany

The Stuttgart kink may not be there for real when you are actually flying.

The main problem is that a departure route via GISER is no longer possible because despite the “free route airspace” (FRA) the military grabbed a huge chunk of it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The other strange thing is that kink near Munich. Again, this is something recent.

I flew that route out of LDLO a few weeks ago. I was very concerned about the “kink”, as I was at the edge of fuel endurance. In the event ATC happily gave me shortcuts which eliminated it almost entirely.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Which route did you fly? The one straight up north? I cann’t get anything to validate. Loads of error messages; too many to hack unless, I guess, I did a VFR section through there.

Administrator

I’m still in Austria and there’s been a local report about the Austrian Air Force doing supersonic training flights over the coming weeks. Given the size and shape of the country, obviously going east-west. Wonder if that’s got something to do with your plans.

Peter wrote:

Which route did you fly? The one straight up north? I cann’t get anything to validate.

That’s really odd.

I tried a routing LDLO – LKPR and got this: LDLO N0116F100 ULPIN3L ULPIN M986 KULEN L868 DARZA DCT KOVEL/N0115F090 DCT LANUX M725 TABEM Z401 VLM VLM4R LKPR, which is essentially straight (12% overhead). KULEN is about 6 NM from GISER.

I also tried a routing LDLO – EDDM and got: LDLO N0118F120 PUL3F PUL M178 GIRDA DCT INGID DCT RASTA DCT REDBU Q112 TITIG/N0116F100 Q112 NAPSA NAPSA4A EDDM, which is also essentially straight (again 12% overhead). I could probably get a better routing if my aircraft would go above FL120.

Could there be a restriction overflying Münich TMA that causes your problems?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 04 Jun 06:55
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

That one also validates, or did a week ago.

I m now sitting back at LDLO and will sit here until I can fly back.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I m now sitting back at LDLO and will sit here until I can fly back.

I suppose there are worse places to sit and wait….

Just now bracing for impact on quite a front approaching ZRH

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Try this FL120

PUL P28 BARPI M859 DAXNU KANIN KONUG SI TITIG Z79 RIDAR L173 GUPIN N869 ETAGO SUNEG RINEX KOSAX GISNO IDOVI ROPUV LEDMU BIFTE ROMIN SOPVI BATAK HSD GALSO XAMAN TIGER

Last Edited by Snoopy at 05 Jun 06:18
always learning
LO__, Austria

Gosh you edited it just as I saw a previous version which had a 2000ft section in it, which would definitely be a novel approach

Which routing tool is this from? It generates a huge list of errors, of which this is the tail end

It is also quite long, going up all the way into NL

Administrator
Sign in to add your message