Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best iPad app for flying in France?

SkyDemon also has the IFR waypoints

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

And you could load IFR waypoint in SDVFR too.

LFMD, France

In addition to SDVFR you have another completely free app: AIRMATE. It will support both VFR and IFR, provide georeferenced VFR and IFR airports plates (in 200 countries) and many other features. You even have Synthetic Vision with terrain for free. It is available both on iOS and Android, although the iOS version is more advanced (e.g. you could file flight plan and manage IFR flights). Airmate has been launched first in France where it is widely used. Disclaimer: I work in the Airmate development team.

Last Edited by DanielMonaco at 08 Aug 13:13

I’ve been using SDVFR for a while, but I still find preparation cumbersome. I wonder what kind of additional features SD / FF might have in order to make the process a little easier (for example, having an actual schedule for the flight, which filters NOTAMs and SUP AIPs and saves the schedule).

Also, I’ve yet to use all of SDVFR features to do a full briefing. I believe it has almost all that is needed (NOTAMs, weather etc.), but the briefing process is not straightforward or streamlined in the app.

France

I have also been having a better look at SDVFR. I usually use Skydemon which I think is pretty good. But the more I learn about SDVFR the more I appreciate the ease of getting the whole picture weather Notams Sup Notams etc. But as you allude to I think it takes some getting used to. I need to look for some YT videos I think to get full advantage. But then to get the best out of Skydemon I need to do the same.

France
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message