Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Reporting an airprox in Europe

Steve6443 wrote:

I can understand that but at what point do you allow other pilots to fly through a live final with traffic established? Or is it considered acceptable for me to fly as per below?

Not possible in controlled airspace and not acceptable outside controlled airspace

You may contact the pilot to understand more but you may not get the answer you wish, maybe he saw you but you did not see him?
Reckless but high unlikely you can come up with argument that what he did was NOT legal

Last time I spoke to two pilots who cut in front of me on final I got bollocking from two oldies who think they were Top Gun Mavericks in a twin (they say they saw me, decided to cut in front and I should not be very scared, they looked like pros on top of their game except I was dispointed they landed fast and way longer than a B747 )

Unlike you these were local pilots, we got to see each other at fuel pump & taxi hold to return favours, 20min wait with a smile

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Feb 15:07
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

You may contact the pilot to understand more but you may not get the answer you wish, maybe he saw you but you did not see him?

He was questioned. As indicated, he was unaware that I was there, he didn’t see me at all. He responded to calls from the Flugleiter – he was at least monitoring the frequency – and asked whether he had understood what he’d done. He was oblivious to me, thought I was coming in on the other runway. His thought processes were: I’ve departed an airfield 5km to the south of here on a westerly runway, this airfield will also be using the westerly runway. Even though I called downwind, base and final 06, it still didn’t register…..

EDL*, Germany
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message