Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying into EDDM - any tips?

i did EDML on a Sunday booked hirecar before on friday (europcar) they droped it of at the airport and collected it again from there

fly2000

With a jet you might want to try EDMO, Oberpfaffenhofen, in the southwest of Munich.
Unfortunately only open until 1900 local, but for an overnight trip into Munich…..

SEP into EDDM, you won’t get a slot… better would be EDNX, but afaik only from beginning of March. Other options EDML or EDMA. Taxi from EDML into central Munich ca. 1hr.

When it comes to GA, Munich sucks.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 03 Feb 17:17
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

EuroFlyer wrote:

When it comes to GA, Munich sucks.

I will use a phrase that I have been using as I try to learn German for the above quote; “Genau”.

Airborne_Again wrote:

Separate landing and take-off fees? What on earth is the point in that? It should only add to the administration costs.

As long as you pay for the Admin costs it is irrelevant to the bureaucrat.
Stephan_Schwab wrote:

EDMA is fine once you are able to use a rental car. But it is tiresome. I did that a number of times. Flying into EDNX was easier but I had to wait 45 minutes for the taxi before I knew how to order one in advance. When going back drivers from the city don’t seem to know there is an airfield.

I use EDMA all the time. I would get a ride with a taxi to the train station and from there a train to city center in Munich. The trains run pretty regularly at least 1x/hr The ICE gets you there in about 30 mins. Cab takes about 15mins to get to the station in Augsburg. Less if no traffic. Costs about 50 Euros each way.Of course it depends on when you get to the train station and when the train comes arrives but you can get a Time table.

While Im thinking about it you might try Uber. Some of my friends have been raving about it but not sure how expensive that would be.

KHTO, LHTL

Somebody made it to EDDM but didn’t report here ;-) 02FEB16

LKKU, LKTB

Somebody should contact the owner of what looks like this one

and ask him how exactly he did it. A proven exception always disproves any theory so clearly the reports of “you will never get a slot below 2000kg” are completely wrong.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

D-EFIN is based at my home base, so I’ll ask the guy if I see him.

Off-topic, but do you just HATE that, too, when you google for an aircraft registration and Google always thinks it should correct your spelling and search for something else instead? This time, I got results for DEFINE first.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Now… it becomes interesting! @Patrick, can you also ask for the landing fees for the cirrus please? Did he came IFR or VFR (prob ifr, but not for sure)

Last Edited by Vieke at 11 Feb 00:43
Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Turns out this was an ambulance flight as it was called. Probably some sort of medical emergency.

No PPR even during low traffic hours.

Frequent travels around Europe
68 Posts
Sign in to add your message