Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Prague

LKVO is definitely very friendly and can be recommended without reservations. While you are there, you can also use their compass swing circle for a fee of 40 euro. There is a bus service to Prague, or they can arrange a taxi for you.

For those who don't need customs/immigration and can land on grass, there are plenty of other options:

LKLT is directly in Prague, and yes, it's customs and immigration PNR. It's VFR but just a mile away from LKKB, which is IFR. To the best of my knowledge, LKKB doesn't mind GA traffic using their approach facilities and cancelling IFR without landing.

LKBU (my home base) and LKKL are within half an hour of Prague by bus.

LKTC is also directly in town, but their landing fee of 50 euro is totally out of line with their small bumpy runway and hardly any services. An exception is vintage aircraft, for which the landing is free.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

This weekend looks super for wx.

A bit of a short notice for meeting up though!

Views?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am working anyhow - O/S upgrades on a bunch of production servers. Pray for my soul (and those of my servers...)!

I could not plan such an expedition at such short notice, anyway. But it IS a good idea to suggest at short notice.

@ultranomad: I had understood LKTC to have completely closed, seeing the local aeroclub moved out. But apparently it came into the hands of one or more antique aircraft adepts..?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Damn... availability... nothing free at club, but weather is glorious and it's Friday afternoon so I won't throw toys out of pram; I'm a bit late in the day...

One day I will own my very own steed and will be able to do short notice trips.

EDHS, Germany

@italianjon we should hook up at EDTH, there are several rides with good availability!

@achimha, yes definitely. I think I am out of this stupidly busy period that I have had with weddings/birthdays etc. I will email later and let's arrange something over the next couple of weeks.

EDHS, Germany

Some interesting trouble with the return route (to avoid a tour of the N Sea) but this hack works

LKVO FL140
BALTU L984 DONAD T170 RAPET Z93 KODUK Z12 SULUS L984 BOMBI Z75 NOKDI Z104 GESLO N852 LNO L607 GILOM/N0140F090 DCT KOK DCT KONAN DCT LYD DCT
EGKA

BUT - LKVO is closed for the weekend. I phoned them and was told the manager decided to have a long weekend. No notam either... LKPR it will be then.

Administrator

I don't think you can do much better. Your route is 600NM.

This one is 597NM, but on F120/F110. LKVO F120 VENOX Y621 DEKOV DCT BESIP DCT ABU DCT RELKO DCT MAXOT DCT ELNAT DCT RANAX DCT RUNER DCT PADBA DCT DEXON/N0157F110 DCT NETEX Z282 DIBIR L179 ELSIK DCT NIK DCT ONO DCT KONAN DCT LYD DCT ASTRA EGKA

LSZK, Switzerland

Lowest level for crossing Frankfurt is now FL140, going to Prague

EGKA F140
WIZAD M140 DVR L9 KONAN L607 RUDUS L984 SULUS Z650 TONSU Z35 LOMKI
LKPR

F130 results in a huge dogleg.

Administrator

4 miles shorter:

EGKA F140 LYD DCT KONAN L607 LNO M170 PODAT DCT DEVRU DCT ROLIS DCT ODAGA DCT KONAP DCT KOMIB L984 SULUS Z650 TONSU Z35 LOMKI LOMKI4P LKPR

LSZK, Switzerland
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message