Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Filing FPL

The german AIS does its job quite well and is usually error-free.

Weeelll… many times I filed a flight plan in germany with destination switzerland the plan didn’t arrive…

LSZK, Switzerland

Because it was in german instead of schwytzerdütsch.

@Aviathor : Le Bourget does not manage all cross-border flight plans, if you make one for Belgium, apparently Olivia is supposed to send it to Lille, which forwards it to Belgium. I called Le Bourget, they had it, and Ostend called Brussels and Lille and they didn’t have it, so I had to call Brussels and file a new plan, and the man on the phone told me he could simple cut/paste the arrival flight plan for all the details. But Ostend was not really helpful, as they just told me to wait, as the flight plan might eventually get there. Lucky me I didn’t just wait or I would still be there now ;-)

But from now on, I’ll use EuroFPL, that seems to be more efficient.

LFOZ Orleans, France, France

I have given up on Rocketroute.
Their addressing is always wrong. The worst part is they don’t listen. I called them about 6 times. Nothing changed.
It is costly sometimes.
On one flight Ostend Approach didn’t allow me to enter the country. I did, they cleared me to KOK then MAK, but ordered me back to KOK. I was in a hold there for more than 34 minutes! After that I got a flight plan and my angry level was higher than it should be.

I called Rocketroute after that and they told me to investigate.
Next flight: I was calling Rocketroute and asked them to make sure my flight plan is at Ostend approach. Guess what? It wasn’t there.
I called again and again. They confirmed me it is fine, but it wasn’t again! They didn’t understand my problem.

I will try Achim’s tool.

United Kingdom

Markus, we’re talking IFR here, aren’t we? EBOS has IFR operations. This only requires addressing to Eurocontrol, nothing else and the distribution to the individual sectors is performed by Eurocontrol. You can paste any flight plan into this and we tell you how we would address it when you file it.

Try filing with autorouter, I can then send you the log which shows you how Eurocontrol disseminates the flight plan to the individual sectors and what their responses are.

This was an VFR flight as the whole tread is about VFR addressing.
I usually change from Manston Southend to Ostend Approach to cross their airspace C (120.6) and from there to Brussels Radar (131.1) for further climb.

United Kingdom
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message