Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ferry tank discussion (merged)

OK AeroPlus, I think I understand how I can connect the ferry tank to the main tank.
Apparently, to fly legally with it, I need a Permit to Fly form 37 from EASA. Has anyone done this ? Is there a cost ? Do I have to do it myself or does it have to be done by the maintenance guys ? Any previous experience appreciated.

LFOZ Orleans, France, France

Fredpilote

I have owned and maintained a number of DR400 aircraft and my advice would be to install another fuel valve identical tho the valve used to control the supplemental tank ( the tanks under the baggage bay ) into the like between the supplemental tank and the main tank to control the turtlepack and use a cable to control the valve.

There is a hole in the rear seat bulkhead on both sides of the aircraft big enough to route a fuel pipe in to the fuel line in the rear fuselage area.

When operating the system it is important to make sure that there is enough room in the centre tank to take all the fuel from the turtlepack so use the same procedure as when using the supplemental tank but it is essential that both only one tank valve is open at a a time otherwise there is a danger of jettisoning fuel via the vent system.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 24 Nov 09:11

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
For the record, I have been in contact with a company based in France, AirProjet. Their job is to make modifications to airplanes and have them certified with EASA. It has a cost, but seems reasonnable and the modiciation can be used several times, so if I use it in 2019 for my trip to Russia, I can re-use it in 2020 for another trip.

LFOZ Orleans, France, France

You should consider connecting the Turtle bag to the fuel line directly.

EDLE, Netherlands
124 Posts
Sign in to add your message