Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fenland for sale (UK)

He’s asking 2.5M+

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

10 of us club together?

United Kingdom

I would say that in England, there is hardly anything that is more “in the middle of the absolute nowhere“ than this airfield.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It’s fairly popular as a stop off point for those transiting north or south along the east coast of England.

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

I would say that in England, there is hardly anything that is more “in the middle of the absolute nowhere“ than this airfield.

I don´t know if that can´t also be an advantage… few if any noise complaints for starters? Apart, it is not that far from Spalding and the cities of Kings Lynn and Peterborough. It´s quite interesting to explore the hamlets around it, they show some quite substantial houses and estates. So possibly quite the clientele who would base an airplane in that location for quick transit to the larger cities.

If I am not mistaken I´ve heard the name of this airfield in context with travel in the UK quite a lot, possibly it is used for this purpose or as a in between landing point while travelling on the north-south axis. It appears to be quite a popular place. Hopefully, someone with affinity to aviation will pick it up and continue providing services there.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s hard to find without GPS but a popular spot that is worth a visit and very welcoming place, also it’s the only CAA/AIP airport without PPR in UK (the 3 others are unlicensed like Sandown/Pittsford)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Most “cheap landing fee” UK GA airfields are in the middle of nowhere, and those charging over £10 are under constant boycott calls driven on the UK GA social media…

It’s probably true in most countries too. It’s related to land values.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

He’s asking 2.5M+

Not sure what brownfield goes for in that neck of the woods, but let’s say the asking price is for the enthusiast:)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Super little GA strip but truly in the middle of butt f.. k nowhere……

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

let’s say the asking price is for the enthusiast:)

Depends on the house, I would say.

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message