Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EFIS - is bigger better, or more units better?

Dan wrote:

Dan29-Oct-23 21:0160
a little zoom in sure will help @Yeager… LY

I´m not that smart Dan my Man. But now, since u pointed me in that direction. Is Lithuania not part of EASA. Why would they have their “own” regulations when it comes to IFR operations.. It´s very unusual for me to see a simple SEP with dual pitot tubes. wtf.

@RV14 It makes sense to have dual pitot tubes in a heavily dependent integrated “glass cockpit concept” (from a logical point at least), but from a regulatory point of view, to me at least (but I´m by far no expert), it seems strange that the authorities brings the requirement for two separate pitot tubes up at this day and age. Is the RV14 a certified aircraft or not?

Last Edited by Yeager at 29 Oct 21:47
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

I can’t help with the exact answer, but as the RV10 is a homebuilt, every country seems to have its own rules for what they allow (or don’t not allow) for homebuilts.

United Kingdom

IO390 wrote:

every country seems to have its own rules for what they allow (or don’t not allow) for homebuilts

Gotta be the right answer

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

IO390 wrote:

IO39029-Oct-23 21:4462
I can’t help with the exact answer, but as the RV10 is a homebuilt, every country seems to have its own rules for what they allow (or don’t not allow) for homebuilts.

That makes sense. Good to see that even this segment has it´s downsides! As they say, if you can´t get up – getting the other ones down, has the same effect! ;-) Sorry! Didn´t mean that!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Yeager wrote:

Is Lithuania not part of EASA.
They actually have quite pro-GA CAA. As I understand not every country allows IFR in experimentals.. And when all flight schools had to become ATO-s, the lithuanians sent more-or-less pre-filled documents to flight clubs – “fill in your key data and send it back to us and you are ATO”.. They also had a former competition level acro pilot as prime minister :)
EETU, Estonia

As I understand not every country allows IFR in experimentals

Most in Europe do not

It is best (and also everything is least enforced) in the former USSR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ivark wrote:

They also had a former competition level acro pilot as prime minister :)

That might help! ;-)

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
67 Posts
Sign in to add your message