Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDMS Straubing - IFR suspension

Yes, I also think that someone from EDMS (or possibly DFS) contacted Eurocontrol back when the IFR suspension loomed.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Jan 19:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Oh, and BTW, the majority of countries in Europe doesn’t allow India plans to non-IAP airports.

Not only Germany, but also Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech, Italy, Spain, Finland, Eire, just to name a few. Even Denmark – otherwise a very ICAO compliant country – has been doing so since about 2009 (before that, it was different).

The countries allowing this nowadays are basically UK, France, Norway and Sweden.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Jan 20:15
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ve planned to fly to EDMS tomorrow. So yesterday I called up the NOTAM office why the NOTAM wasn’t removed yet because the flight inspection has been done already. The guy connected me to the issuing person who told me he is still waiting on the report but he will look to if he can get it and will remove the NOTAM. I should check at 1500Z (I posted it here). Don’t know why that is still rejected from Eurocontrol.

Btw, I have cancelled my flight because of bad weather at my home base.

EDXQ

You are at a VFR airport right?

EGTK Oxford

Yes. EDXQ. 300 ft ceiling this morning.

EDXQ

A good trip but terrible weather getting home. IMC in turbulence at FL280 all the way back across Germany.

EGTK Oxford

Presumably you are not surprised…

Last Edited by Peter at 16 Jan 21:21
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was aware of the weather but it is very unusual to have it that high.

EGTK Oxford

Behind the coldfront there was a jetstream with 130kt in FL320. And all this in the lee of the Alps. Turbulence predicted from FL250-370 …

EDxx, Germany

Yep. The Rhine and Maastricht frequencies were full of turbulence reports from CAT.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message