Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA recognition of non-EASA type ratings for licence conversion?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but…..

Has anybody been able to get a third-country type rating added to an EASA license with <500 hours on type?

Looking at the N reg B200 / DHC6 scenario where there is no equivalent FAA type?

JER

I got this from a bizjet pilot friend who seems to know it well:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cheers Peter, good info.

JER

This is going to be fun for types that are rare in Europe. Both the instructor and the examiner must be rated on the type, and they can only train/examine in the country where their licence has been issued unless they also have FAA certificates.

Biggin Hill

I don’t even understand how they do it on a Do-24 (D-CIDO). First of all, where do you get an EASA multi engine sea rating? I’ve not been able to find a single place. Second of all, how do you get a type rating in a plane that there exists one of only?

Madness. Idiotic rules.

Take it easy. Flying a plane of which only one exists concerns 0.001% of the pilots. You can’t expect a rule for every exception.

Cobalt wrote:

This is going to be fun for types that are rare in Europe. Both the instructor and the examiner must be rated on the type, and they can only train/examine in the country where their licence has been issued unless they also have FAA certificates.

How is that different from the current situation?

At the moment, you just keep it on the N-Register, or Isle of Man or similar. Only when the “dual papers” law finally stops being postponed, the pilot will need bot EASA and FAA licences and ratings if the operator of the aircraft is based in the EU.

Biggin Hill
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message