Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dyn Aero MCR-01 emergency parachute landing near Bruges

10 Posts

A Cirrus (Dyn’Aero it seems, see below) went down near Bruges, apparently after mechanical troubles. Pilot fortunately walked away with only minor injuries as can be seen in the video

Last Edited by Tango at 15 Jul 15:37
EBGB EBKT, Belgium

Doesn’t look like a Cirrus.

always learning
LO__, Austria

It’s a Dyn Aero MCR-01

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 15 Jul 15:30
EIWT Weston, Ireland

Not sure whether the chute is supposed to bring the nose down this much i.e. only attached to points behind the CoG. If not, the fact that it came down like this may have to do with the fact that according to the report, the canopy opened in flight and got in the way of forward attachment points of the chute?

Edit: looking at the video again, it looks like the chute only has one attachment point, behind the canopy so it seems it indeed is meant to come down nose down like that. Fasten your seat belts!

Last Edited by aart at 15 Jul 17:17
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

It is supposed to be nose down, but may be not that much, as kit builder seems to says that you can keep directional control under the chute (which implies a nose down attitude. MCR4S has 3 attachements (2 at the front right and left near firewall, 1 behind the luggage compartment, but I don’t know about the MCR01.

Edit: answer here:

and here:

Last Edited by greg_mp at 16 Jul 08:47
LFMD, France

Is it just me that is not sure I could just stand there continuing to film after the aeroplane stoves in without attempting to see about occupants?

Luckily the pilot got out by himself….

Here it says that the pilot lost control because the canopy came open. Does anyone have more details? With the hot weather, it’s probably a good idea to add a final “canopy latched” check before taking the runway.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/280419

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jQWKjoGcmGw

We can clearly see that canopy has broken before the plane comes to the ground. I don’t know if the pilot (seems to be alone) wasn’t tightly attached enough and came to broke the canopy on a hard turbulence, but seems possible.

LFMD, France

greg_mp wrote:

I don’t know if the pilot (seems to be alone) wasn’t tightly attached enough and came to broke the canopy on a hard turbulence, but seems possible.

Bird strike would be my first guess…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Not that sure, The MCR01 is very “aerodynamic” and the canopy is mostly covered by the prop.

LFMD, France
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message