Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dummies’ guide to EU legislation, and why a GM and an AMC?

I assume you ladies and gents are all over this……

Not seen any chat about it, that’s all.

United Kingdom

What is it?

Feel free to start a thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What is it?

No idea…it does have a pretty red flag though…

Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/1957 of 25 November 2019 (link).
Corresponding UK General Exemption E 4919 published as ORS4 No. 1312 of 5 Sep 2019 (pdf link). local copy

London, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

Too bad the link seems to depend on the particular version of the document so it will be difficult to find the most recent one.

I believe the diagram is updated quite frequently, possible on a weekly basis, so if you have the most recent version of that, you should be lead straight to the most recent version of any document, using the diagram.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

I believe the diagram is updated quite frequently, possible on a weekly basis, so if you have the most recent version of that, you should be lead straight to the most recent version of any document, using the diagram.

Sure, but the address to the diagram includes the date of the last update so when it is updated, the link will still go to the old version until it is eventually removed.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Oh sorry, true of course. I guess the best you can do is to follow Qualupalik’s advice in post #10.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Thanks to all who have corrected and updated my link to Eurocontrol’s simple flow chart of European regulations.

On the same theme, we are blessed to enjoy “_Easy Access_” Rules for Flight Crew Licensing (Part-FCL) – EASA eRules: aviation rules for the 21st century published by our incontinent regulator “in order to provide its stakeholders with an updated and easy-to-read publication”.

At 1345 pages it is almost three times longer than the FARs but let’s all enjoy it before it gets any “easier”.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

At 1345 pages it is almost three times longer than the FARs but let’s all enjoy it before it gets any “easier”.

In fairness, it also includes all the AMC and GM and that’s what makes up most of the pages.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 08 Dec 11:56
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Fair point, and indeed the perceived need for two reams of GM and AMC is perhaps a damning indictment of our lawmakers.

In fairness, the corresponding part of the FARs, Part 61, does extend to a whopping 100 pages.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message