Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Croatia - June 2017

@Alexis where is the best place to stay in Split? By the harbour or further in to the old town.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

If you are there without car, this is very good, GUESTHOUSE VILLA SCALARIA. It is also very close from Restaurant SPERUN and a 5 minute walk to the center/palace. 10-15 min walk from the ferry

https://www.booking.com/hotel/hr/villa-scalaria.de.html?aid=304142

Flying home now, you can reach me tonight.

Let me know how LONG you are in Brac/Split. On Tuesday I will fly to Brno, LKTB for business, back Wednesday, … but who knows, maybe I want to make a detour ;-)

Planning to stay tomorrow and Thursday in Supetar (21 -23) then Friday and sat night in Split (23 – 25) then to Losinj Sunday and Monday (25-27). Then planning Olbia for two nights then Calvi for two nights. @Alexis there must be something in that schedule that warrants a ‘divert’

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

… that’s a bit early for me, but I’ll see what I can do. My son is going to an exchange program (London) for a week, and the girls are always fine when I’m gone, (they seem to enjoy that ;-)) … so maybe I can get away. Will talk twds the end of the week. Losinj is only 1.5-1.75 hours away for me.

Hi

Last week landed at LDSP and spent a day in Trogir. You need to contact LDSP in advance but they are very friendly and cooperative. Bus to Trogir is fast and leave you right outside the city gates and cost 13 Kn. Between landing, handling and parking for 1 night it was 69 euros.

LPSR, Portugal

Thanks for the info. In Supetar today.

@Peter Where have I seen that photo before????
Tower not manned today. Cancelled IFR over Split and blind called Brac traffic. Could not see the wind sock but the G1000 wind indicator was accurate. Will take the ferry over to Split on a Friday.

Last Edited by Rob2701 at 21 Jun 16:09
EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Nice

I hope you said Hello to my friend Anna Hero in the office

Enjoy your time there. It’s a great place.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Don’t know her name but we met a great lady at the airport. She organised airport transport to Supetar for us and just give her a call for the return. This goes on the bill to pay when departing. AOPA members confirmed get 50% discount on landing and parking fees.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Losinj today…
Staying in an apartment overlooking the harbour in Mali Losinj.

45 minute flight from Brac at FL080. Both Brac and Losinj tower was manned today so managed to get my IFR clearance on the ground. Pula radar asked if I wanted to fly the full NDB procedure, said I would accept a visual approach. Handed over to tower who told me to position for final 20. Noting the other thread about temperature, it’s been bloody hard to get the aircraft on the ground the couple of days in this 30DEG heat. Here for a couple of nights, next stop Olbia Sardinia.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)
Sign in to add your message