What a waste…

https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20230708-0

Watch the video clip.

Fortunately no one was hurt.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Jul 18:11
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What was he trying?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I haven’t had time to look into it but elswhere it was mentioned that the pilot was very experienced with this aircraft and familiar with the strip.
Really doesn’t look like it from the angles on that video.

United Kingdom

no injuries, that is again a great testament to the way those planes are built… like tanks.

still I wonder what happened here, this is really looking totally weird. Especcially if the guy knew the strip and was experienced with the plane.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

an old one… the accident… and the airplane…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Strange, as if he forgot all about using right rudder.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The AN-2 is banked to the right but the nose is actually going to the left. So he was actually slipping into the trees. The speed is slow, the rolling induces an evasive action of the nose to the left. And yes, there is no actual counteracting movement visible on the rudder. It is strange as @LeSving says. A pilot of such an aircraft should know better and I wonder what’s more there to learn about.

Germany

Did someone forget to put the trim back to neutral?

France

How does that strip actually look like? Are those trees at the end or off the side?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

How does that strip actually look like? Are those trees at the end or off the side?

Wondered the same and had a look in Google Earth. The trees I think he crashed into are about 400m from the runway end to the side. There’s nothing straight ahead for a mile or so.

15 Posts
Sign in to add your message